RDWC some plants sick whilst the rest are very healthy

goldenbrown1

Hi has anyone an understanding as to why in my RDWC system I have extremely healthy plants and some that are sick, with deficiency’s? I would have thought they would all be sick or all healthy . They are the same cuts ,all getting the same feed and ph levels.  I have checked all the air stones and the system is running fine. The plants that are sick are in different parts , not just one area, roots are pearly white. Any ideas? EC is dropping and the ph is stable. 

24 minutes ago, zen-ken said:

A picture paints a thousand words.........

This is a pic of the differences between plants on the same system.large.7BC661F3-44C1-4C7F-B529-0108D238B4D9.jpeglarge.C98A6AFB-3140-42E4-85EB-F65597CFFCB3.jpeg

Judging by the red stems/petioles they're underfed, especially if the EC is dropping...what's the reading?

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, stu914 said:

Judging by the red stems/petioles they're underfed, especially if the EC is dropping...what's the reading?

EC is low 0.5/6 I am in the process of draining and renewing tank as that is low, will put it up to 1.1/2 as I figured they look hungry but why are-only some showing problems and not all . I am quite new to RDWC (coco grower for years) . 

When did you last change the res?

If it was more than about 10 days that could be the problem as different elements in the nutes are used at different rates.

Not sure why some are behaving and others aren't though, head scratcher...:unsure:

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, zen-ken said:

Some look very droopy as well.....where is the water level ?

Yes it’s just before lights out on 18 hr cycle. All from the same mother. And water level around 5 inches under net pot

6 minutes ago, goldenbrown1 said:

5 inches under net pot

:eek:

Why have you got such a big gap ? 

Gonna need to see the system and the roots but I already suspect I know the problem.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, zen-ken said:

:eek:

Why have you got such a big gap ? 

Gonna need to see the system and the roots but I already suspect I know the problem.

Roots are great the water is low as I’m draining and doing the tank . Well the tank is now done and it’s only an inch or so under the net pot. The system is the Alien silver series. Tbh I have  had nothing but problems here and there with it and this is the fourth run . Start with 15 and there is always 1/2 chucked where they have become poorly and the rest have stayed healthy. 

Sorry...been really busy.

Have you eliminated the environmental issues.

Which sections, if you like, are not performing as they should ? (random...same sites each time etc)