Attic room

runtz

I'm sorting out an area in my attic, I've replaced a tent for multiple layers of black & white and mylar sheet to make an airtight little area hopefully any little leaks will be fine with the negative pressure I'm going to have from the outtake.

The only real problem I can see is winter, my plan is to go around the outside of the tent with rockrool insulation (or something suggested here.) But I'm struggling with ideas. I'm going to be drawing my air from inside from downstairs were it's usually 16-18 degrees to try combat the frost.

Does anyone else have any suggestions for me?

I don't want to insulate the whole attic as it's way to big, so I was thinking just around my self made tent should do the job?

45 minutes ago, runtz said:

I'm sorting out an area in my attic, I've replaced a tent for multiple layers of black & white and mylar sheet to make an airtight little area hopefully any little leaks will be fine with the negative pressure I'm going to have from the outtake.

The only real problem I can see is winter, my plan is to go around the outside of the tent with rockrool insulation (or something suggested here.) But I'm struggling with ideas. I'm going to be drawing my air from inside from downstairs were it's usually 16-18 degrees to try combat the frost.

Does anyone else have any suggestions for me?

I don't want to insulate the whole attic as it's way to big, so I was thinking just around my self made tent should do the job?

I'm just setting up out the tent Dec Last year I was pay 9 quid a day electric will need a heater in winter definitely and the fan and filter ect good luck 

You will still need heater on trouble with lofts hot in summer and cold winter I was un tent and full insulation round it but still cold I now have 5 lights and 4 areas with 2 full sets of fans filters and controller's in their I'm paying about 5 a day including normal use in house bit winter killed me last year so I will scale down in Nov or Dec this year happy growing 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, cannaboy_420 said:

Insulate your groom as much as you can 

Do you think rockwool all around the grow tent will do the job? Or should I be using something different? I'd just like to hit the nail on the head before it's too late, cheers

I built insulated rooms in my attic.
Over winter time I vent internally and draw internally, use heated mats and run an oil rad. That'll just about keep me where I want to be and I live in the south half of the UK.
To be honest, I rather the winter months. Much easier battling cold than it is battling heat.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, smilertoo said:

Sadly the loft is the worst of both worlds, cold in winter and hot in summer.  :(

Also, it's where the monsters live.

Got to think what you do in winter are you going to have to dismantle it in summer so try and make it as easy as possible are you running LEDs or hps

• Like 1

17 hours ago, runtz said:

Do you think rockwool all around the grow tent will do the job?

you can wrap quilts around the 'tent' - for a cheap fix. quilts on top as well for the insulate the heat rising

careful you dont insulate it to the point of it becoming too hot in there, fire risk

mystic

• Like 1

On 07/08/2022 at 5:12 PM, runtz said:

Do you think rockwool all around the grow tent will do the job? Or should I be using something different? I'd just like to hit the nail on the head before it's too late, cheers

I use the cavity bats 2400 x 1200 x 50mm, I'd try and build a frame around the tent 

• Like 1