Anyone have experience flushing with autopot/coco?

Jams67

Alright folks,I will be going into week 8 flower next week. I’ve tried to find out how to best flush before the chop but can’t seem to find anything definitive. Anyone have first hand experience of doing this?

the grow is lemon drizzle from rgsc in coco using autopots. I already purchased canna flush so I will probably use it but not sure on how best to do the flush. I had originally thought it was simply using plain water or water with canna flush for a week before harvest but then read some comments about having to do flush through the coco as you would normally do it when hand watering/top feeding. 

any advice chaps and chapettes?

atb, j:smokin:

@Jams67 That's bad advice you've been given. Don't top feed at this stage, you had the right idea in the first place, just top up the rezy with water, add some flush if you must.

• Like 1

Cheers bud, that’s what I was hoping to hear. The advice wasn’t given to me first hand but from other threads I was reading through but there didn’t seem to be a definitive answer, some said top feed some said just flush using the res and then the odd one saying to not flush at all. 

First grow so wasn’t sure what to get regards nutes but decided to use the canna coco feeding chart and that included the canna flush so I bought it weeks ago. Guess there’s no harm in using it as I already have it and then I can compare it without out once it runs out.

cheers, j:smokin:

• Like 1

One of the problems with bottom feeding is that salts build up in the top layer of soil, so if you start top feeding the salts get washed down into the root ball and your run off ec goes right up. The only way to do it is to go all the way and flush until the run off EC drops, then you can start top feeding again. Best if you can avoid it and bottom feed all the way.

• Like 1

Cheers bud, yeah I had read that in one of the threads about the salt build up at the top being an issue if you go back to top feeding, makes sense:yep:

Cheers bud, yeah I had read that in one of the threads about the salt build up at the top being an issue if you go back to top feeding, makes sense:yep: