Rot Patrol

OldFord

A warning for any of the plastic greenhouse growers ,  poss greenhouse growers and most def tunnel growers !!      

a small bonus of being so early in the season means its mainly autos but early fems will still be at risk.       Be vigilant.  

The weather conditions over the next week or so are PRIME ROT conditions boys & girls :( 

Get the sides lifted up . get anything that will open ... opened up , get that air moving !! 

If the inside of your growing shelter is wet to the touch .... so are your buds 

The very best of luck with the runs and dont take the gamble for the sake of a few days more cooking :yep:

• Like 12

Wise words mate, I've seen so many crops go to mush in Greenhouses/polytunnels. I'm like a broken record on here warning people to get some airflow going lol

• Like 4

Defo wise words u wont beat the rot.

Weather down this way is we are on the second day of it being wet and humid and set to continue till midweek.

Speaking from last years fight against the rot this years plan is if its near and any rot spotted get it down and save what u can.

• Like 1

I've already lost a few grams to rot cos I was clumsy with my hosepipe. That mould takes hold fast so you got to be on your toes and look for signs...

• Like 2

Anyone been unlucky enough  ?         I had to take down 2 lovely fems to avoid further incidence.     

• 3 weeks later...

I've lost about half an ounce so far from 4 plants in total..all autos (auto Malawi nl by ace seeds)

I installed a massive industrial fan in the tunnel suspended from the bars after the second incidence few weeks back which has helped airflow massively...

Edited by desertshaman
  • Like 1

high temperature and high humidity = perfect storm for rot.......

in bloom ....if nessesary...use only a plastic roof and airflow from all 4 sides.....wind is your friend...

===

green houses are nice for early start...it gets the temp of air and soil fast upto 18 degrees...so optimal for autos early start.

without greenhouse early plant out for semi is may....autos june..

anything lower as 18 degress slows grow of the plant...especially autos...

Edited by DutchFox
  • Like 1