Cheap ultrasonic humidifier

RUFUS HOUND

Hi everyone, could any of you kind peeps with ultrasonic humidifiers recommend a cheapo unit for use in a small 60x69x140 tent.

thanks in advance :hug:

I paid £41 (including delivery) on Amazon for a Taotronics TT-AH0014L "Humidifier for Home Bedroom, Cool Mist Air Humidifier with Night Light, Whisper Quiet, LED Display with Humidistat, 24H Auto-Off Timer, Waterless Auto Shut-off." It isn't currently available from there.

It was the cheapest one with a reasonable capacity and a humidistat, so it would turn itself off when the humidity reached the right level and on again when the humidity dropped too low.

I'm sure it isn't totally accurate, though it tallied with my 120 x 60cm tent's hygrometer / thermometer and worked well.  I can't be arsed with manually turning things on and off as I forget, so it was a good option for me.

Edited by MidgeSmith
  • Like 1

I use 2 of the 500ml cheepos that work in a 0.8 x 0.8 x 2 tent and the only downside was refilling them every 12 -18 hrs. 

• Like 1

Bought a gas sonic air humidifier don’t know how cheap you want it to be paid £90 for it good performance off it

• Like 1

Ram ultrasonic humidifier, about 30-35 quid on scamazon, 5L capacity.

It's be fine for a 70cm² space turned down (gives you longer between fillings so another bonus) 

You'll probably want to keep it outside yer space if possible because they're not exactly small , a length of 40mm pond pipe (hozelock or betta) fits perfectly.

I have one running into a 1.2m² and it gets it up to about 75 r/h if I need it to on full whack, on full a tank lasts 18h just about I've found.

:yinyang:

• Like 2

I just use an ultrasonic fogger plonked in an 18L really useful box my circulation fan blows the mist around the tent.

The ultrasonic fogger cost £17 and the box I already had laying around cheap cheerful with a huge capacity compared to the fancy units you can buy.

• Like 5

@NezA just plonked you say? No float? 

Might have to do this myself, sounds simple! 

I imagine my ram ultrasonic will die eventually...

Thanks for the wide range of options.

@NezAThe fogger sounds interesting as you can put it in any size water container you like and cheap!

I seen 2 types, with float and without does it make any difference ?

3 hours ago, BilgePump said:

@NezA just plonked you say? No float? 

Might have to do this myself, sounds simple! 

I imagine my ram ultrasonic will die eventually...

That’s the one I had years ago with the plastic float it sits in used to fill kitchen bin up and put it in with drops of eucalyptus oil in the water to hinder any mold used to work well just took lot of space up

• Like 1

I've never seen that style before but looks like it will do the job the one I use just sits submerged in the tray of water happily misting away. Does the job lovely :yep:

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

+1 for the RAM on eBay. Under £40 and keeps my single light (300w LED) setup well humidified for during early veg when plants are small. 

i run it on a timer to only activate when the lights are on as RH climbs during night hours. 

by utilising a fan speed controller and plants getting larger I generally don’t need to use a humidifier after veg time. 

• Like 1

sorry for late update - the unit arrived broken so couldnt even test it ( might have a play with it to see if I can get it working) 

I got refund and bought this instead - it has a 1.2L reservoir 4 vapour settings, lights on/off and runs upto 40hrs on lowest setting.

can be found at £10 searching  amazone for:

Air Humidifiers,1.2L Humidifiers for Home Oil Diffuser, 2 Nozzles Humidifiers for Bedroom, Ultra-Quiet Air Humidifiers, Lasts Up to 20 Hours, ,Auto Shut Off ,3 Mist Modes Humidifiers for Plants Kids

61jd4jNvFWS._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Edited by RUFUS HOUND