Cannabis chocolate

Darknight420710

Hi all, I've made a load of cannbutter and it's nice.

I dint want to make more cookies and looking at other simple options and I'm thinking some canna choclates but I'm not able to work the ratio out as most recipes are American and I don't know what cups etx means.

Can anyone share a recipe they've used for chocolates and how much butter to melting chocolate you used.

I'm away shopping now and hope to buy my melting choclate and some mint and orange essence to add some flavouring 

Any advice appreciated as I dont want them being shit lol

Edited by Darknight420710

Chocolate is a bugger because really you need to temper it and stuff to make sure it isn't a greasy mess after you refrigerate it...but I've never done it myself!

• Like 1

I just decarb some weed in an oven bag (couple of hours in the oven at around 120C) then melt some chocolate in a bowl in a pan of hot water and just stir the decarbed weed in (I use about a decent spliff's worth per 'dose', 4 decent spliff's worth for 2 squares of Lidl 75% cocoa chocolate, which equates to 4 'doses'). There are obviously better ways to make proper, fancy chocolates, but just stirring decarbed weed into melted chocolate and then letting it set works fine :)

• Like 8

Just now, Boojum said:

(couple of hours in the oven at around 120C

try about 30 mins next time dude see if it changes any? or not, i don’t mind lol  if anything, it will save on electric cost :stoned:  :yinyang:

large.serveimage.jpeg

• Like 5

Aye man, I have tended towards overkill on the heating lol Still working out what works best for me, 2 hours is way too long (I confess I put that in cos it's how long I did it for last time, but that's cos I had a spliff and forgot all about the weed in the oven lollollol ).

• Like 5

As mentioned above chocolate is a right pain because you have to temper it (there are hack ways of doing this by adding cold chocolate at a certain point but the details evade me right now)

Personally I wouldn't bother if you have canna butter, it's a lot of effort to get anything that isn't a wet mess.

What I do is make filled centred chocs using decent quality dark chocolate (and a swizz of white for visual interest).

I melt said dark chocolate and temper it , fill silicone confectionery moulds , leave to stand for 5 mins then tip out any liquid chocolate excess, this gives you your chocolate "shell" which I then fill with a medicated soft centre.

To make the centres I decarb rosin and coconut oil in equal parts in a foil covered ramekin (I usually throw about 3g of bubble hash rosin in for 15 chocs) and this is added to either melted milk chocolate or peanut butter depending on who I'm trying to ruin/allergies...pb is a favourite...pb and a square of dark chocolate melted into it is a banging half arsed praline.

This mix is spread evenly between the moulds and capped off with more molten dark chocolate and put into the fridge.

It's a massive ballache but worth the effort.

:yinyang:

• Like 2

just don't add butter to the chocolate, just use more weed and make the chocolate, then freeze the butter for now

Not quite chocolate but if you want a change from cookies,  Betty Crocker’s brownie mix is a go to for me when im feeling lazy. Another easy one is making truffles, melt whatever chocolate you want to use, add your butter/oil and smash up some digestive biscuits to a crumble, mix together till you get a decent consistency for rolling into truffles:yep:

• Like 3

I think you need cacao solids to make chocolate from canna/coco butter. 

I've often thought about it. 

I've even stuck stuff in virtual baskets several times, 

but  another option is to take a teaspoon of coconut oil quickly followed by a teaspoon of Nutella or similar then mix it up in yer mouth. 

Atb 

:yinyang:

• Like 4

As far as I recall from my days working in restaurant kitchens (I was only a lowly kitchen peasant/prep chef though) chocolate and butter don't mix (without other things to emulsify them) cos of the water content of the butter. It just goes all lumpy and grainy (just like if you try to mix chocolate and water - though that does work if you keep mixing and adding water a little at a time, you can make fantastic chocolate mousse with just melted chocolate and water, but it takes a lot of effort, fucking about with ice baths and stuff). Cocoa butter, coconut oil, stuff like that works but I don't think butter does (without some emulsifying agent) cos of the water content of butter. Don't take my word for it lol but it's just summat I think I dimly remember from way back when I worked in catering.

• Like 2

@Boojum I like the idea of an oven bag. The only reason I haven't messed with edibles is due to the smell. If I can seal an oven bag to decarb, that will really help. Nice one mate!

• Like 2

Just now, QFMAC said:

@Boojum I like the idea of an oven bag. The only reason I haven't messed with edibles is due to the smell. If I can seal an oven bag to decarb, that will really help. Nice one mate!

I confess I got the idea from someone else who posted about decarbing (sorry I can't give whoever it was the credit but my memory ain't what it used to be :doh:lol but thank you whoever you are :) ) and it works brilliantly :) (it still smells a bit, but it doesn't stink the whole flat out like other methods I've tried, just burn some toast and that covers the smell lol ).

• Like 3

Yup I use oven bags as well...

I make chocolate from infused coconut oil, far easier than using butter.

Melt the chocolate and stir in as much coconut oil as you wish, into moulds and into the fridge...that's it...:yep:

• Like 5

Cannachocolate rocks lol

I've been posting about it for a while now.

Just stir decarbed weed into melted chocolate and let it set. It really is that simple lol

I've just munched a bit I prepared earlier lol

• Like 3