Decent 6'' fan

NuVista

I invested in a Phresh 6''strelth hyper fan 5 or 6 years back to run in my larger tent and its starting to play up (i only got a half dozen grows out off it) .Basically its switching off after short periods of time for no aparrent reason and after a google search on this i have been reading that its a fault thats common so i wont be investing one of those again .Any suggestions on a decent 6'' fan i could purchase thats gonna last a bit longer? .I would consider a thermo controlled one but as i have a smscom hybrid fan controller pro 4 A i think i could use that with just a basic fan ... I have been using a Vents TT 6'' for years in my smaller tent and its still going strong..I see theres a company called Fantronix thats doing a deal on a thermo controlled 6'' fan with ducting and carbon filter for £64? ..after the Phresh experience i am beginning to wonder lf less is more .. thanks 

TD Silents have done me extremely well. I use the 4, 6 & 8" versions. Been running continuously for maybe 5 years now without issue... Might be longer, I'm shit with dates.

• Like 1

Just now, SkyRider said:

TD Silents have done me extremely well. I use the 4, 6 & 8" versions. Been running continuously for maybe 5 years now without issue... Might be longer, I'm shit with dates.

Yes i am aware of the TD silent range .I was gonna invest in one of them instead of the Phresh ,i wish i hada now ..

• Like 1

I remember at the time of getting mine that people were hyping up the Phresh filters a lot. I think after I got my TD Silents I slightly regretted not getting the Phresh, but I think the deciding factor for me was I could purchase the TDs via a more legit site that my company would have reasonable excuse to use lol
Either way, in the end it looks like it was a good choice. I've had no issues with them yet (touch wood). I haven't constantly turned them on and off though, they have literally just been sat running full time since I started them up. I think once or twice I might have slowed the output on the bigger one, but that's it.
I'd definitely purchase them again in the future if I needed another silent fan.

Just looked at the price - £250 with VAT, ouch lol  Those 3 fans must have cost me over £700 :shock:

I have the original systemair vector 150 and gas digital controller. But this was the best part of £450 without a filter or ducting. Good gear.

If I was to rebuy today i would strongly be looking at the AC infinity gear just based on how smart the controller is. Not read any real negative reviews on it.

I just wish they were not a closed system and allowed other brands of fans to connect to there controller as it has a lot of cool features :angry:

• Like 1

Just now, AngryDuck said:

I have the original systemair vector 150 and gas digital controller. But this was the best part of £450 without a filter or ducting. Good gear.

If I was to rebuy today i would strongly be looking at the AC infinity gear just based on how smart the controller is. Not read any real negative reviews on it.

I just wish they were not a closed system and allowed other brands of fans to connect to there controller as it has a lot of cool features :angry:

Yea i was haveing a look at those :yep:

.A friend has a 5'' RVK 125 fan i coulfd purchase and i was doing a search to see if i can use one of these with it without damage?..Swiftair temperature hydroponics fan speed controller.. their only £20 and i know RVK are good fans although he has had it running for a few yeas and its going cheep 

6 hours ago, NuVista said:

its going cheep

It should be fairly silent lol

Cheep cheep usually means it needs new bearings lol

@Moldymechanic I can't comment on the quality of the extraction fans, 

perhaps @ledgrowlights-Craig or @Ledgrowlights-Adam can offer more information about the EC FLO fans about the quality of them? 

Atb 

:yinyang:

The ec flo fans are the same as the wisperair, ram, mammoth, rhino Pro and various other rebranded fans from sensdar.

• Like 1