Stealth cellar room?

Moldymechanic

3 hours ago, Cakeyb said:

Welcome to the light from the shadows.

be keen to see some progress once you get going, I’m a sucker for pictures of damp basements where people do illegal stuff, wait that came out wrong. 

grow diary I meant grow diary

I’ll try remember to upload photos as I go. To start with I’m going to give it a good clean out down there and rip all the shelves out down there so I’ve got a blank canvas. That’s another thing it’s is somewhat damp ish down there, I’m hoping with it beeing a small space and that I’m going to ventilate it with the grow it may dry up? Fingers crossed 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Wacky Wardrobe said:

Aha..! I did think about that after I posted.

Have you got any out this year?

I have a few out on a balcony and more at a guerilla plot I can't get to at the moment cos I've just had a new knee op.

I'm expecting a progress update from my mate who lives near the plot later this morning.

none personally but My mate I used to do the guerilla stuff with has a few autos out in a polly tunnel. Should be due for the chop now

11 minutes ago, Moldymechanic said:

With venting under the house I should be able to come up with some sort of solution for silencing the extraction noise coming from under the house.

You could mount the extraction fan away from the grow space, don't forget you can blow through a carbon filter. Handy tips if you're grow space is at a premium for height/space. :yep:

31 minutes ago, Slippy One said:

You could mount the extraction fan away from the grow space, don't forget you can blow through a carbon filter. Handy tips if you're grow space is at a premium for height/space. :yep:

Does blowing through help with noise reduction? I thought I would have my extraction fan inside the grow but I suppose I could have that on the other side of the wall and put it in a box or something to quieten things down. This could be stupid but is it possible to draw through a carbon filter inside the room then blow through a second one outside? Double noise and smell reduction? Or just a waste of resorces?

• Like 1

Yes and yes. If space isn't an issue, put the biggest carbon filter you can afford (always a good idea to oversize if you want silence), which means you can vent scrubbed air more precisely, preferably outdoors. 

12 hours ago, monkeypig said:

Once you've got the ventilation under control your next concern is is your area properly tanked? If not get this done too, otherwise you will be fighting mold and damp forever. Get this sorted and you will have steady cooler temperatures that allow you to vent the cool air through your grow. 

I’ve been crawling under the house again today and there’s an air brick about 8ft away from the wall I’ll be running my vent through so that should be alright if I go straight to the air brick.

next when you say get the room “tanked” what does this involve? Is this just sealing the room up? How should I best go about it? Thanks

Slight update, I’ve had my mate around who know a thing or two about building etc to have a look at my wall to see if I could get away with taking some bricks out for intake and extraction. I’m all sorted for intake a nice hole big enough to fit so 4” ducting through. For the extraction I’ve taking out two bricks and the surrounding mortar leaving me with a rectangular hole 8.5”x 4.5” I’m planning to run 6” ducting for extraction, is squashing some 6” duct through this hole going to cause major restriction? Essentially flattering the duct into an 8x4 oval. Removing more material for a larger hole will be difficult as the piece below the removed bricks is a large piece of stone and they are already at ceiling level so no more room above.