Looking for guidance so what would you do?

Darknight420710

I know I'm on my own here but need some advice.

Cut 3 plants that were LST and had more wire around them than Jordans bra!  I removed all the wire and yep they sprung out like big bushes. 

I've got them hanging whole in the tent but a bit anxious as some stalks are really dense and lots if internoding buds. They aren't hanging freely and all touching with defo no air in amongst them, even though I've a 10" on the floor 

Temp is 24.1c and humidity is 60% 

I dont know whether to remove them from the tent and just hang inside my wardrobe and open the branches out, I don't know whether to cut all branches off the main trunk or just hang separately giving space between each branch,

I'm worrying about drying to quickly but will say the branch I took off 2 days ago and speed dried is amazing and it's taking me nearly 30 mins to type this as I just sit staring at my phone lol I do like indica.

My question is what would you do in this situation?

Thanks 

Edited by Darknight420710
  • Like 1

I have the samy quandry approaching me in around 3 weeks time.  

Do I hang individual main branches to have some space between them all or just hang as whole plants...

Yep its a tough call but Im leaning towards using those hangers for drying socks, I reckon I can get a plants branches all chopped down and hung on that -Just have to slow airflow to ensure no fast drying.

It will be interesting to see others comments.

• Like 2

I'd try to lower the temperature if at all possible.

Failing that I'd keep the plants whole for at least a few more days. I'm stealth-conscious so wouldn't take them out of the tent.

Is the 10" pointed directly at the plants?

I'm worrying about drying to quickly but will say the branch I took off 2 days ago and speed dried is amazing and it's taking me nearly 30 mins to type this as I just sit staring at my phone lol I do like indica.

My early cola is likewise awesome :) but I've dried a harvest too quickly before and would rather risk a bit of rot. Last time it happened, awesome became samey became fairly meh after a couple of weeks, frozen in time. A well-dried crop gets better and better (at least as long as it's likely to last in my jars.) My first successful cure ranks second only to my first successful crop, I was about six weeks into it before I noticed and it was a great feeling.

My style now is to hang whole and leave an Inkbird in the branches from day 1. I look for the change in RH over time rather than the RH of the air (which I measure separately.) Chop into branches roughly when the Inkbird RH starts decreasing. Eventually jar a bud with the Inkbird and keep a close eye on it, repeat until ready.

Why are you 'on your own here?' This is exactly what the forum is for. I wished I'd asked for some advice before I dehydrated a harvest lol

• Like 2

Just now, mister phlegm said:

Is the 10" pointed directly at the plants?

Why are you 'on your own here?' This is exactly what the forum is for. I wished I'd asked for some advice before I dehydrated a harvest lol

Thanks and some good advice there, unfortunately I can't lower temp as its the room temp and I've no ac. 

The fan isn't blowing on the bud, they're hanging about 2ft above and its oscalating beneath 

When I say I'm on my own I mean no one can tell me and its myself who'll need to decide what to do, just wondering what the general advice would be.

They're still whole just now but it's tight but saying that I know iver the next day or 2 they'll start to shrink 

Edited by Darknight420710

@Darknight420710

Read the "Harvesting and Processing" section on here. It may help you with your dilemma?

Lesson learnt there about growing and having your drying planned for mid summer. I do hope all goes well for you. Next time aim to crop in the late Autumn, Winter

• Like 1

Given the temps I'd watch carefully and make sure to not overdry them. At least you have decent humidity. I've jarred at 64+ and 51, the first I could burp down or rehang but the second was the one I mentioned. Maybe if I catch her earlier the speed she dried would have mattered less. I had no idea what I was doing.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, grower951 said:

October is my favourite month to dry 

I'll have a chance to see for myself if things stay on track :D

• Like 3

Your temps could do with being lower but it is what it is - I would leave them whole,  bigger the better as it will extend the drying time 

• Like 1

Thanks @RUFUS HOUND they are sitting at 21.8 and going down as its getting cooler here now and I opened the bedroom window to let more fresh air in. Looking at the forecast it's going to be around 18c over the coming days so I might just be ok.

I've dithered all day about cutting the branches off but as yet they're still whole