Blumat Drippers 2 Week Holiday ???

s0ck3t

Hi Guys looking for a little advice, I was hoping my plant would be done before I was due to go away for 2 weeks!

But the chances are looking slim to none and the reality is it would probably just be ready when I come back.

I am currently RTW in Coco and feeding 5 times a day from a 100 litre tank with plenty of runoff and I this is wasteful as the pot is nearly always wet. and only lasts about 5 days.

I have some Blumat drippers that I have never used and I was hoping to start with them when/if I got a greenhouse next year.

I was wondering if I put a single dripper in the coco and attached to the 100 litre tank, what would I need to attach to the tap at the bottom of the flexi tank to allow it to connect to the smaller blumat lines?

And also anyone using blumats with coco what their water consumpsion was like? I'm not against getting another tank but I'd rather not.

I know that the mix after two weeks will almost be toxic but a have nothing else I can do unfortunatly, but any advice appreciated!

Just now, Larry Badgeley said:

I think @growinggold has used them. Maybe he can chime in?

Thanks Larry, I think I have found the adapter '13mm - 8mm Click-Fit Tank Adaptor & Filter' so now really just intrested in how much nute solution I could potentially go through.

hello mate, 

yes I use blumats in MPC but Coco would be just the same just different nutrients. I use a black plastic wham box (just googl that) then cut a hole in it and use official blumat resi adapter, then all I do is put little pump in the tank to circulate later. its all gravity feed to so no need anything else. it's really simple. 

thanks below with valve n adapter on the left. buy official imo. it not expensive n works. 

large.IMG_20210803_205328.jpeg

pipe into tent for carrots.

large.IMG_20210831_204117_copy_1382x1843.jpg

with regard usage its depends on how big the plant is, temps, watts used. I fill the tank up probs 10l every 3 days peak flower. 

Edited by growinggold
  • Like 1

Make sure that whatever you have waste running to can handle the entire the entire res should a dripper decide to empty it by sticking open. 

I'd run ot a few weeks first. No issues in the first few weeks your likely going to be fine.

• Like 1

Thanks mate, much appreciated. Was the 10 litres three days coco? I have one of the small adapters already hooked up to a bucket, I am going to try and give it a whirl tonight, I will leave the RTW in place incase of any leaks.

• Like 1

no mate its clover MPC. it depends on lots factors tbh. plants numbers, stage, size, watts, Temps. 

tbh I'd give test run with smaller tank for week n note down what it uses per day n guage your set-up from that. then I'd multiply by the time your away n add an additional 25% for safety or just fill it full if you trust the setup. 

• Like 1