drying area

mysticriver

so I have got a portable ac for the drying process

this is what im thinking

large.ADCD4902-2462-4915-B4F1-5D595EBA1E77.jpeg

a couple of questions -

ive got to make a hole in the kitchen internal door, for the cold air feed. dont want to do that really but ive justified it in my own mind by rationalising that ive already made cat-flap holes in 3 other internal doors... and that they'd be replacing the internal doors on account of the condition anyway - that doesn't give me the excuse to do it. but it kinda has...

if the kitchen is sealed (ive made sure there are no working air bricks and the extraction fan is sealed off) to make sure no smell gets pushed outside -

will I need to make another hole in the door, or else the cold air will be fighting against positive pressure. there is a small gap at the bottom of the door but not massive. am I worrying over nothing here I guess the ideal answer is suck it and see, I just wondered if anyone has any experience in this area

the other query is about humidity -

the ac produces really dry air - it has the effect of soon having the hygrometers reading around the 35% mark

is that too low for drying? I have the option of having a humid in there to help the r/h, get it around 50%, which is what I thought it needed to be

the flow through the ac's 150mm pipe will be enough to circulate the air, as the kitchen is only small

any thoughts 

mystic

can I blow air onto a bucket of water to help with that. ill try it

mystic

Edited by mysticriver