Heat Wave

Ecto

I use a K fan and my flats 32c at mo it’s on 3/4 power lights off now and it’s set to ramp up @29c on ec1 controller and hasn’t needed to . Same last night lights on didn’t ramp up . It’s a five inch one and cupboards 1.2 m x .8m and 1.6m high. So it’s doing it’s job well. 

• Like 2

I have mountain air whisper ec in a 80x80 which I thought would keep it exactly where I wanted with ease? Am I being a noob? Is it because the outside air that we bring in the tent is warm so what can the fan do cool it down? No it just clears it out! Have I answered my own question? 

If your fans mountain air six inch it’s plenty more than I have mine being five inch . As long as you have clamps ducting and filter etc you should have everything . Only difference is I use a temperature control on mine.  Irc mountain airs just a variable speed control.  Your space should be ok.  Like I say my flats ambient temperature today is 32c cupboards now saying 29.9 lights off going by AirComfort sensor .If needed I can dim my light but haven’t really needed to .to add I have two circulation 8inch clip fans to circulate also . 

Edited by Arthur Mix
Add
  • Like 1

Respect to those still indoor growing during the summer months, if growing in 32° isn’t difficult enough, how to you dry the flowers at 32° without AC? 

• Like 4

It has a controller set at 28c it will run 100% until it gets back to 28c but it’s been 34c all day and been running at 100%

2 oscillation fans 1 x 8” passive intake duct and 1 flap open

Just now, Slippy One said:

Respect to those still indoor growing during the summer months, if growing in 32° isn’t difficult enough, how to you dry the flowers at 32° without AC? 

Fuck 

• Like 1

Can only cool down to what the outside temperature is. Currently 35c in my place with every window open. 

9am to 9pm my lights are off so have missed the worst of it. But last night and tonight I have dimmed the light back to 25% till we return to normal temps then I increase the light again back to 100

• Like 1

Might be worth hiring an AC if it’s a decent haul? Another option is bubblehash the lot?  

mmm.....lots of indoor growers have their best harvests done in summer.....ofcourse lower your ec...since you use more water to water/cool the plants....by their evaportion....

drying ...is no problem....i love to have that problem....:hippy:

ps my mobile airco has also a humity control program....very handy by keeping it at a certain %rv..

right now....the aico is cooling me ....

Edited by DutchFox
  • Like 3

how to you dry the flowers at 32° without AC? 

quickly lol 

sadly my current grow dried in 8 days this week, but it's still lovely weed

• Like 8

Just now, AngryDuck said:

Currently 35c in my place with every window open. 

Keep your windows closed until the evening. Blinds and curtains if possible. Inside our house is 23.5c

• Like 4

I have an ec K fan on my outtake and intake, usually in the winter months I pull air from inside the house and then in summer pull it from outside. This year I’ve kept pulling it from the house. I have blackout blinds and shutters on some of my windows and this helps me keep the temp in the house 10 degrees lower than outside. My grow rooms this year haven’t gone above 29 degrees, it’s worked out pretty well this year. Normally my plants in the loft get fried.

Just now, Larry Badgeley said:

Keep your windows closed until the evening. Blinds and curtains if possible. Inside our house is 23.5c

Exactly what I do, only open your windows in the morning before 8am and let the cold air in then shut everything up, all your windows and doors.

• Like 4