Pc fans

Oldman2.0

Just spent half of yesterday, and so far today on wiring up my pc fans, and with the heat yesterday got sick of it in the end :wallbash:

The wiring is piece of piss,  but tried a pile of different adapters, and the blades spin, but the air wouldn't even move a piece of paper 6" away from it.

Spent all morning looking at alternative pc fans and more youtube reviews, and was about to give up, and buy cheap clip ons, or other pc fans ( waiting to buy the new an infinity clip on to add to my 67 controller )

Then an  :idea: came into me head, that aha moment, so checked the voltage on the adapters and about 4 volts, and fuck me then thought the car battery 12v try that, and hey presto problem solved :realcool:

Just thought I post about this, might help someone else going the same route, so something learned, as i know fuck all about electrics :thumsup:

Forgot to add, use adapters with adjustable voltage, and can now change the speed of the fans :yep:

Edited by Oldman2.0
added more
  • Like 2

Im also waiting for the AC infinity clip on fans, 

im only 1 grow in and my regular clip fan has already started to make noises 

• Like 2

For 12V fans NOTHING comes close to the new Stinger Audio SGJ 78 cross axial fans :yep:      I have literally tested & auditioned hundreds of fans and nothing comes close to the force emitting from these fans !!    Even my little Kenlowes cant shift enough air to keep the big bad bass amps cool on a warm day ,  i installed 4 of the Stingers on a like for like swap and im sorted :) 

I can now beat the shit out the bass amps all day & all night long without overheating :)       

Tiny foot print , reasonable price and my demo units that have taken an utter kicking for a year now have been faultless ,  installed lots and not a single failure so far with some being on 24hrs for weeks at a time , simply fantastic fans.     

• Like 6

@OldFordThanks for sharing, will look into them, I just bought 2 cheap fractals to try and test, so thats good to know, was just about to buy 4 Artics, so will hold off now.

I'm going this route as there so quite, what are the Stingers like noise wise, thanks

• Like 1

Bowl of water, put your feet in it.  Fans just push hot air around, cool yourself down directly :)

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Oldman2.0 said:

@OldFordThanks for sharing, will look into them, I just bought 2 cheap fractals to try and test, so thats good to know, was just about to buy 4 Artics, so will hold off now.

I'm going this route as there so quite, what are the Stingers like noise wise, thanks

Not a problem sir :yep:      Stingers are pretty quiet mate.     Shop around as they do vary in price.      

All the best with it sir

• Like 1

@Inspiration101Sorry there bud, a friend called in all rattled up, in bad way, I had to chime out quick, I was half way through your reply, and must have hit the reply button. Anyways, regards keep'n cool, I'm one of those that can't handle heat, anything above 20° fucks me up, I've been doing the Wim Hof methods of cold showers/baths for years now, and spend 7 days a week on the water in the Summer season, and average 3 in the winter, so put'n my size 12's in a bowl of water would be like given someone a single pea for dinner :yep:

• Like 1

@OldFordDid a bit of look'n into those there now, and at first I thought wtf, £60 each, at first I'm thinking x 4 not a chance, but ya big variation in price alright, must be very quite at 33db, but for the cfm seems a bit low for the money, i see they do the pc style fans too, but I'll look investigate further, thanks :)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Oldman2.0 said:

@Inspiration101Sorry there bud, a friend called in all rattled up, in bad way, I had to chime out quick, I was half way through your reply, and must have hit the reply button. Anyways, regards keep'n cool, I'm one of those that can't handle heat, anything above 20° fucks me up, I've been doing the Wim Hof methods of cold showers/baths for years now, and spend 7 days a week on the water in the Summer season, and average 3 in the winter, so put'n my size 12's in a bowl of water would be like given someone a single pea for dinner :yep:

Np and that really sucks.

Getting a ceiling fan to blast the air around properly would be the first thing I do.  No jumping around though lest you lose your head ;)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Oldman2.0 said:

@Inspiration101ha, I just installed 2 of the 4 blade ceiling light fans in the kitchen, absolutely savage, now the kitchen is so comfortable to be in now:)

Awesome, yup it's the way to move that air around.

Bedroom and living room getting them also?

• Like 1

@Inspiration101Ya defo do something now with those 2 rooms, I don't know watts wise what they use and should have checked the packaging before dumping, so I'm going to weigh things up next week when I get a chance :yep:

2 minutes ago, Inspiration101 said:

Getting a ceiling fan to blast the air around properly would be the first thing I do.

just make sure u get a decent ceiling fan

I fell into that trap a few month ago. bought 2 x ceiling fans from t'river - £100+ each, thought they'd be just the ticket. big downward draft of air

not to mention the 2 x plywood sheets that I had to fix to the underside of the top of the tent, and the 2 special fixings to fix ea. sheet of said plywood up there [4 fixings = £26] + ply + my sweat and toil putting them up there, fixing the ceiling fans to the sheets etc etc and....

then I found that the ceiling fans, even at over a 1-er, were shite. they didn't hardly move any air. really, really disappointing. tried to alter the blades to move more air with added lips on the blades, cardboard I think it was, but that too was futile. had to send em back. luckily I was only out the ply + some sweat

if your considering the ceiling fan route id suggest 2 things -

1/ try to buy a good quality fan. I was out at this stage as to get better fans they were in the 3-400 range. maybe I was just unlucky with the model I bought

and 2/ test the fans before going through the rigmarole of fitting them like I did!

mystic

• Like 1