Photoperiod flowering log

CheechChongReturns

Hey you good folk's.

I wouldn't mind having a reference of when people's choices of photoperiod plants go into flower .

Please feel free to contribute in fact please come and share your experiences. 

Three things we will need is -

The strain/breeder .

Your approx Latitude.

The date and/or daylight hours.

Obviously an update at harvest would be great also, to indicate real flower times for the strains. Maybe quote your initial post and update to make future reference easier for readers .

Thanks guys, I'll hopefully be putting something up in the next week or two looking at a couple of my girls. 

Stay blessed :yinyang:

• Like 1

Great idea mate ,  there was a thread from time back but it fizzled out . 

I have years of notes from every one of my grows with detailed info on when i sowed , how long to break ground, , 1st feed,  veg times, flowering times  , the works :) 

The only thing i never keep are notes on yields  ,   i couldnt care less on yield !!    i just want a happy / healthy harvest with some amber :yep: 

Will root through my notes for any popular grows as no sense posting up something from years ago.      More than happy to populate with info.  

• Like 6

@OldFord thanks mate. Grateful.

I don't think I've ever actually weighed a plant yeild. 

Like you say , having healthy plants that finish is more important.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OldFord said:

Great idea mate ,  there was a thread from time back but it fizzled out . 

I have years of notes from every one of my grows with detailed info on when i sowed , how long to break ground, , 1st feed,  veg times, flowering times  , the works :) 

The only thing i never keep are notes on yields  ,   i couldnt care less on yield !!    i just want a happy / healthy harvest with some amber :yep: 

Will root through my notes for any popular grows as no sense posting up something from years ago.      More than happy to populate with info.  

Me neither. I'm actually learning to gearing my setup to to reduce the leaf/bud mass. Trichome density and flower bulk are inversely related from the scientific sources I've been reading. I'd rather have less mass with more potency. Pursuing that goal, if I want more flower I have to grow more plants.

• Like 2

Just now, catweazle1 said:

Me neither. I'm actually learning to gearing my setup to to reduce the leaf/bud mass. Trichome density and flower bulk are inversely related from the scientific sources I've been reading. I'd rather have less mass with more potency. Pursuing that goal, if I want more flower I have to grow more plants.

I grow for the pleasure & the challenge :yep:    Zero interest on yield ,  my only focus is to do the best job i can and get the ladies across the line with some amber glinting across the stacked trichs and in the best condition i can ..... if i do this ... its been an awesome season.   

Potency i find is a strange topic,  i find some of the acclaimed high potency modern products dont hit as hard as the claimed less potent offerings of years back !?   Strange but in my humble opinion there's either way more to the potency topic or its all random number plucking lol      As i have low potency beans from a decade ago that piss all over modern so called high potency cultivars in messing you up stakes.    Granted theres way more to the potency bag than just the THC factor and thats how most are judged from what i see.    A very interesting topic but one im still in the infancy stage of learning mate.  

• Like 2

Just now, OldFord said:

Potency i find is a strange topic,  i find some of the acclaimed high potency modern products dont hit as hard as the claimed less potent offerings of years back !?   Strange but in my humble opinion there's either way more to the potency topic or its all random number plucking lol      As i have low potency beans from a decade ago that piss all over modern so called high potency cultivars in messing you up stakes.    Granted theres way more to the potency bag than just the THC factor and thats how most are judged from what i see. 

Entourage effect from different cannabinoids.. some probably still undiscovered, maybe lol

• Like 1

Just now, rolio said:

Entourage effect from different cannabinoids.. some probably still undiscovered, maybe lol

Yeah i was doing some reading on this very subject last night,   i found it a fascinating read  :yep:    Also it REALLY  highlighted that as a seasoned grower  .. i know zilch lol     yes  , i can grow a nice plant from end to end but i actually haze zero technical !    

Just now, OldFord said:

I grow for the pleasure & the challenge :yep:    Zero interest on yield ,  my only focus is to do the best job i can and get the ladies across the line with some amber glinting across the stacked trichs and in the best condition i can ..... if i do this ... its been an awesome season.   

Potency i find is a strange topic,  i find some of the acclaimed high potency modern products dont hit as hard as the claimed less potent offerings of years back !?   Strange but in my humble opinion there's either way more to the potency topic or its all random number plucking lol      As i have low potency beans from a decade ago that piss all over modern so called high potency cultivars in messing you up stakes.    Granted theres way more to the potency bag than just the THC factor and thats how most are judged from what i see.    A very interesting topic but one im still in the infancy stage of learning mate.  

I agree, stated THC content doesn't seem to correlate with subjective effects. To clarify my earlier post I should say: given any plant, reducing the potential final biomass will tend to produce stronger plants.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Ok . Daylight hours are down to 15.5hrs down at Lat 50.5 and red light is increasing as the days go by..

So, with August knocking on the door. Has anyone got any signs of any early/fast strains going into flower ?

• Like 1

At lat 51 erdpurt X Friesland are showing pistils, but they were pot bound badly until about 10 days ago.

Two years ago my M33 Friesland had kicked in by 5th Aug. They were big and in the ground happily.

Used the 5th August last year as a date to check again (try to only do  2 or 3 visits before harvest). Lo and behold my Green mountain grape had shown shown sexes.

I even found a Himalayan landrace,Rasoli began to flower by mid August but it's spindly sativa buds weren't ready even by mid Nov.

When plants start flowering and how long they take seems to have alot of variables. 

Do some sativas start flowering earlier? 

Are genes so blended that auto/indica/sativa are not that discernable. I mean Royal mazars were afew weeks in by this time last year.

Sheesh I know nothing, but what fun to grow and learn about the ganja plant! 

• Like 3

@Lenkey lots of variables mate. 

There's always gonna be a +/- 2weeks with outdoor grows. So much can effect the speed the plant metabolises and when it is mature enough to flower .

I'm just trying to build a log of what is going in and when to try and help narrow down some strains for different parts of the country. 

Then some more focused breeding can go on for respective areas/lats .

• Like 2

Lat 51 and still waiting for a couple to start flowering. One plant showing preflowers and that is shiskaberry.  Going to be a late harvest this year 

4 hours ago, Exile420 said:

read my old diaries ive done shit loads of strains in 1 diary 50+

Which one bro? 

You been on here a while . lol

I wanna put a log of the daylight hours that trigger flowering in UK viable strains. The dates are a good guide but the plants don't know dates , so the dates change each year as the earth tilts and they get triggered by a certain amount of light/dark.

I want to have a closer guide than the standard+/-2 weeks . That's a month of variability. 

I'm sure we can narrow it down to a 7-10day window between us. 

I used to get up to a months variation on harvests with the same seeds. Hell, I get that much variation in harvest times through my clones, I'd say daylight hours, location, micro climate and seed type (f1's f2's etc) would be needed. Good luck trying to catalogue flowering with any degree of accuracy. :yep: