Who trims buds prior to harvest

Darknight420710

I've not done this but on those social media sites I'm seeing some great plants and all the leaves have been trimmed and they're still in the pots, ive even seen drying plants in harvest standing in pots... WTF?

I did severe defoliation on day 21 and 40 and practically took every leaf off that had a stem and im now week 10 and was thinking of trying something new and different but no sure as we know some of those photos on media sites might no be what we see. 

So does anyone manicure, trim, tidy up or whatever you may call it on there plants in the last 2 to 3 days before harvest and have you any pics to share so I can see 

Thanks 

Edited by lildaveham

I like to dry as slowly as possible, leaving material on helps for me. 

Do they say why they do it? I can't look as I'm not on social media sites. 

• Like 3

Just now, KC said:

I like to dry as slowly as possible, leaving material on helps for me. 

Do they say why they do it? I can't look as I'm not on social media sites. 

Its something like this and I think it looks like it's been trimmed, maybe I'm wrong 

large.Screenshot_20220716-092455_Instagram.jpg

Guest anarchycamp

Oh yeah theyve been hacking at that.Its just what some people do with autos probably thinking they can smoke it atraight away, youd be a plonker to do it with photos as @KC explained. 

Thanks for your replies and on that I'll keep out of my tent with the scissors and leave things as they are lol

• Like 1

No, I don't do this to my plants. I like to dry over at least 2 weeks with only and crispy brown leaves removed (because IME they can lead to mould issues). 

I'm pretty sure that the tide of opinion has turned to dry trimming - I find it far faster , the end result is better and I find it's less smelly for security purposes too.

• Like 8

I dry trim now unless i find mould...then there follows lots of chopping and removal of anything suspicious and every leaf stripped right away. I just chuck the dry trim out in the compost heap. The only thing I miss a tiny bit is using the smaller trim leaves for making oil and the like. But I will take that over getting covered in sticky shit smelling like a cannabis grower and praying that nobody comes near my house mid trim...you know like DHL and the like. Dry trim just makes me less para lol 

• Like 3

I Trim all the leaves of the plants on days leading up to chop just to shorten the work load only have to cut the branch off then run it over machine and it’s done 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Diddy said:

I just chuck the dry trim out in the compost heap.

Still worth a cheeky bubble run. Always worth a bubble run:yep:

Waste not want not and all that.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Devon Cream said:

I Trim all the leaves of the plants on days leading up to chop just to shorten the work load only have to cut the branch off then run it over machine and it’s done 

There's always a wrongun about somewhere! :P

2 hours ago, monkeypig said:

Still worth a cheeky bubble run. Always worth a bubble run:yep:

See that's the thing, I have only been doing dry trim for 2 years or so. I imagined that any trichs on dried leaves would be degraded and the majority would have dropped off ? I have just chucked about half a carrier bag worth of small trim on the heap 3 days ago lol , I shall have to give it a go next time.

• Like 1

Ive never trimmed wet especially when plant is still in the pot.

Fan leaves off first - dry - then trim.

I've seen it as a more efficient method for keeping those lovely trichomes where you need them.

Precious trim hash.

toki

if you never done what's described above then perhaps you should try it because it kind of makes sense when you think about it doesnt it

imagine poor me (little plant) I'm being eaten alive,  what can I do to defend myself, I have gone my entire life pushing thc out on my leaves creating thc laden buds to attract pollen and still no pollen, and now after all that some dirty animals eating me alive before I have been pollinated. Im done, I'm finished, but I'm a survivor I ain't giving up yet let's have one last push and push as much thc out in order to get that pollen or I'm finished

chuck in a few days dark period before chop and voila

tricks of the trade so to speak