How long to Veg?

PHatDriver

Hi everyone.

Is this the correct place to ask this? Anyway...

Have a tent that’s 120mm high (4 feet in old money) and gonna run photos.

Just wanna know now long to Veg?

A month, 3 weeks?

Pots are 25mm (10”) tall minus a gap at the top.

No filter in tent just LED panal!

Thanx people and much love.

• Like 1

Just now, PHatDriver said:

No filter in tent just LED panal!

Cart before the horse here bud...you will need a filter unless smell isn't an issue for you or the rest of the town you live in, growing weed stinks!!!

Getting your fan and filter sorted first will also help give you the environment you need to grow decent bud. 

Veg time is dependent on strain and style of grow, plus whether you're going to do any training or not.

• Like 7

get a filter mate or your gonna get nicked:police:

to answer your question depends on if are they are auto approx 4 to 5 weeks, photos on the other hand can be kept in veg indefinitely at 18/6

• Like 2

1 hour ago, stu914 said:

Cart before the horse here bud...you will need a filter unless smell isn't an issue for you or the rest of the town you live in, growing weed stinks!!!

Getting your fan and filter sorted first will also help give you the environment you need to grow decent bud. 

Veg time is dependent on strain and style of grow, plus whether you're going to do any training or not.

31 minutes ago, RUFUS HOUND said:

get a filter mate or your gonna get nicked:police:

to answer your question depends on if are they are auto approx 4 to 5 weeks, photos on the other hand can be kept in veg indefinitely at 18/6

1 hour ago, Military Grade said:

How wide is the tent and do you plan to do any training?

Yes, yes, filter…

No need to worry bout that.

Bought two tent kits. 60x60x120 (2x2x4) to do photos but been running autos - fantastic!

Everything is 4” pipes, bought an AC Infinity 6” with two reducers and was venting both tents to a DIY MDF BOX, which is on top of the tents. The box has one of the filters inside, then out into the passage from the closet. Installed a vent outside to look nice and normal but sounds like a tornado!!! and that’s only on setting two! On setting one it’s barely noticeable.

So tents to box/filter/mastic, to extractor, plastic pipes out of room via top of door - AND please don’t mention the three 90 degree bends, eek.

Thanks for panicking for me, nice to know you all care;) <blushes>

Now I wanna run these photos I have from seed to harvest all the way in one tent. The other still has a slow auto zkittlez and already started 4 new autos for that tent. Tent two is now left empty and wanting...

I’m thinking with this height limitation only need a month max, 3 weeks minimum if they grow tall in veg. Going to upset you all a bit here too:

Four plants one tent (don't look that up), 8 colas each… All different strains!!! :furious:

Training, YES! Lots of training.

C99 - Female seed

Acapulco Gold - Barney’s

Durban Poison - Dutch Passion

Purple Haze - G13 Labs

Thank you...

• Like 4

My attempt at 2 plants 8 tops each in a 60x60x160

large.20210923_231634.jpg

Be interesting to see how you get on with 4 plants 8 tops each lol

Edited by Military Grade
Spelling
  • Like 9

My tent is 60x60x140 almost same size as yours and its gonna crowded with 4 plants. 

I find 3 just right with one to front , 2 rear, so you can reach the rears when watering, dont worry 3 will fill 90% of your tent easy.

Pot size also plays its part in growth - youll want 8L pots for 3 plants but if your going for 4 reduce the pot size.

Think you will have to veg longer than 3 weeks from seed usually takes around 5 months total to veg and flower cos flower is 2 week stretch and 8 or 10 weeks and seeds don't grow that quickly 

Edited by Owderb
Quote removed

On 09/07/2022 at 9:41 PM, Grow lady said:

Think you will have to veg longer than 3 weeks from seed usually takes around 5 months total to veg and flower cos flower is 2 week stretch and 8 or 10 weeks and seeds don't grow that quickly 

Forgive me but I’m finding it real hard keeping up with what you just said.

5 months to veg & flower: I thought the length of veg was up to us and flowering takes up to 3 months.

I could veg for one week if I wanted or you can veg for a year or more.

In the video Sea of Green #1-How to flower cannabis clones (old video, 2003?). I think they were topping at one week. At two they went under a “preflowering” light (whatever that meant) and at more two weeks into real flowering:) Something like that anyway.

Much Love...

On 09/07/2022 at 3:51 PM, RUFUS HOUND said:

My tent is 60x60x140 almost same size as yours and its gonna crowded with 4 plants. 

I find 3 just right with one to front , 2 rear, so you can reach the rears when watering, dont worry 3 will fill 90% of your tent easy.

Pot size also plays its part in growth - youll want 8L pots for 3 plants but if your going for 4 reduce the pot size.

If you can get 2 in the back, why can’t you also get 2 in the front?

4 plants can be rotated, taken out and rearranged to ya hearts content.

3 has to be a weird shape and a bit more of a fight – no?

I’m on my third grow. First was okay but made little mistakes - seems I don’t like scroging, who would have thought. I’m using U-shaped metal stakes to start mainlining and using green canes with pipe cleaners to position and working better for me. Second went so much smoother with the stakes/canes and had 4x8. Jammed packed. They were not as fat as Military’s pic, up the screen there. Taller and skinner. All good though. One stem I didn’t see grew up from the bottom/middle, so one even had 9! 8’s a nice number. 9’s an awkward number and the light down the middle I think is more important than an extra bud.

I’m not growing mine round like a plant. Nor am I trying to fill in any gaps.

Actually, really trying to grow them where I want, in a square with a hole in the mid.

On 08/07/2022 at 10:30 PM, Military Grade said:

My attempt at 2 plants 8 tops each in a 60x60x160

large.20210923_231634.jpg

Be interesting to see how you get on with 4 plants 8 tops each lol

God damn... Your girls are faaattttt….. Sorry, mature ladies? Plump? :chains:

Was looking at you pic for ages. Transfixed, catatonic. Wondering why they don't smell.:ohmygod:

Now I know what to work towards when I settle down.

You read my other post about wine/cannabis tasting. At the moment I’m not about hooking up with the big girls just yet, although I wouldn’t say no;) I don’t mind the smaller/skinnier girls at present as I’m just erm, trying as many as possible to see what types I really like. I understand 4 plants, 8 colas each will be tight – real tight.

In your tent what are those light brown L-shaped... don’t know what to call them – some sort of packing stuff? What you using them for? Also see you have more then one fan, why is that?

I have the same plastic trays! I junior hacksawed the lip off the corner of each. They fit in there nice and square now. Bit o sandpaper and looks factory! lol

I see you upgraded to a 1000 LED? Did it make that much of a difference?

The gap at the front could have had another plant in there.

Where the fan is you could’ve got another 3/4 colas in there too:)

That basically equates to another plant too:)

Imagine cramming both of those two in the back and having two more at the front.

Easy… lol

I know no one asked but just thought I say I bought these pots from Scamazon:

You can find them other places online too.

Square Deep Rose Pots 3L Black x 10 - had to buy 20 tho.

16 fit in there perfectly (4x4) for that SOG grow...

Not sure about site rules and posting links yes/no?

Hope you don’t mind BUT…

I was stalking your grows for awhile.

You seem to be growing mainly CBD?

AND ain’t it hot in UK at the moment!

Damn tent is up to 32c!

I’m sooo hot…

• Like 1

6 hours ago, PHatDriver said:

I could veg for one week if I wanted or you can veg for a year or more.

In the video Sea of Green #1-How to flower cannabis clones (old video, 2003?). I think they were topping at one week. At two they went under a “preflowering” light (whatever that meant) and at more two weeks into real flowering:) Something like that anyway.

You have to veg seedlings for longer than clones.

Clones are taken from already mature plants, it takes a while to grow seedlings until they are mature enough to flower.

If you put a small seedling into flower (12/12) before it is mature it'll still veg for a while under 12/12 and end up quite large in my experience.

On 08/07/2022 at 8:00 PM, PHatDriver said:

Have a tent that’s 120mm high

That's definitely not high enough  lol

It is possible to flower plants from seed in a 1200mm high tent but you'll have to do a lot of training and it's easy to get caught out by the stretching phase.

Take cuttings from your seedlings and use them for your next run.

7 hours ago, PHatDriver said:

In your tent what are those light brown L-shaped... don’t know what to call them – some sort of packing stuff? What you using them for?

Corner protection for packaging, I use them to hold the sides of the tent out when under negative pressure, thus giving me more space to fit them plants in, without them it would look even tighter in there.

Also see you have more then one fan, why is that?

Depending on what pictures you have been looking at? If you're taling about the fan that was under the canopy well that one was for extra air flow that was needed at the time, if you're talking about the one above the light that one is used for cooling the driver while also pushing the warmer air from the driver down to the plants and not letting it go straight up and out of the CF.

I see you upgraded to a 1000 LED? Did it make that much of a difference?

It's a 100w XS1000 VIPARSPECTRA, and yes see a massive difference compared to the purple shitty light I had before lol

The gap at the front could have had another plant in there.

Where the fan is you could’ve got another 3/4 colas in there too:)

Them gaps are quite deceptive in the pics, while you could fit a little plant in the gap at the front right you could only really fit 2 tops under that fan, but you will have the problem of where is the pots gonna fit.

Imagine cramming both of those two in the back and having two more at the front.

Easy… lol

Only thing that comes to mind at that point is bud rot lol

Hope you don’t mind BUT…

I was stalking your grows for awhile.

You seem to be growing mainly CBD?

Stalk away mate, yeah I mainly grow CBD strains for medical purposes and supplement them with High THC plants, I smoke one blunt a day with a 80/20% CBD/THC ratio so i need more CBD flower than THC, in the evenings I mainly just hit the DynaVap

AND ain’t it hot in UK at the moment!

Damn tent is up to 32c!

I’m sooo hot…

Very mate, while I do have the air con on for the cats in the living room the grow then is in my bedroom and according to my Govee it's peaked in there at 31c:furious:. Luckily I've not been in any rush to flip to flower yet so thet seem to be enjoying it in veg.

Edited by Military Grade

On 12/07/2022 at 0:32 PM, latigid aikon said:

You have to veg seedlings for longer than clones.

Clones are taken from already mature plants, it takes a while to grow seedlings until they are mature enough to flower.

From seed takes longer then clones, I suppose it would - yeah.

If you put a small seedling into flower (12/12) before it is mature it'll still veg for a while under 12/12 and end up quite large in my experience.

Are you saying once it has roots, still a baby and you flip the light, you get bigger plants?

120mm: That's definitely not high enough  lol

It is possible to flower plants from seed in a 1200mm high tent but you'll have to do a lot of training and it's easy to get caught out by the stretching phase.

120mm tent. lol Like my pay cheque, not enough zeros.

If my plants ever stretch that high, I’m not a posed to just bending the buds over:)