Best reflective sheeting for PAR+ light

Darknight420710

Hi all

Whats the best reflective sheeting fir a PAR+ light.. straight black and white or diamond mylar or something else like pure white paint walls? 

I see some grow tents with white walls and think this is to help with PAR lights and Im currently converting a wardrobe so I want to ideally get the best lining for my need.

Advice appreciated 

Edited by Darknight420710

get one of those diamond reflective pure brilliant white reflective paints for low light rooms dude

im sure i read a while back that they’re like 98% reflexive, cheap and can be re-painted easily when they get dirty 

im only using bubbly roofing insulation because it was laying around, it’s cold in the winter at mine and i couldn’t be arsed driving to town lol 

• Like 2

I use white paint (zisner perma-white) it was a recommendation from someone here and has a high tolerance for humidity so it does not crack or bubble in high heat and humidity.

I used to have to re-pain the drobe pretty frequently, but since swapping, I have not had to re-paint at all, just a wipe down between grows and surfaces are back to a lovely clean white.

I did look at getting orca film, but I couldn't justify the increase in cost compared to paint.

• Like 2

If you want to retain the heat as best as possible use silver, if you want to lose the heat  use white. Silver reflects infrared better than white.

• Like 5

I use decent quality diamond mylar, but I'm running LEDs. For HPS/MH lighting white paint probably more practical.

• Like 1

I have a tin of 

large._20220707_163327.JPG

for when I get around to painting the nursery drobe and the Bloom-room. 

I think it was only a tenner for the 5l :D

Atb 

:yinyang:

• Like 2

Diamond Mylar and cheap spray adhesive for the win. This took 10mins and should last another 3 years at the least. Don't forget some 3mm perspex cut to measure on the base to prevent the floor wood getting wet, I even sealed the sides with silicone.  :yep:

large.3.jpglarge.IMG-0239.JPG

• Like 1