Mum Has Arthritis - I live away - what can i get her?

donniedarko

Hey All,

Been away from the page from a while as life happened and I live out of UK. My Mum is in still in UK her 70s and has pretty bad Arthritis and lives in the UK and I want to help her.

Currently my UK friends are unable to help with a more local solution so I'm hoping for any advice on a good strong CDB product I maybe able to order online and get delivered to her to help ease the pain. She doesnt drink or smoke but is now desperate for help due to the pain (she is strong woman!). 

Any capsules or is oil the way to go? Dosage?

Im sceptical of highstreet oils etc but was wondering if anyone has any advice on how I can help her with a good product at a reasonable price? 

Thanks 

Hey mate, sorry to hear about your mum. Different but similar, my cat has chronic arthritis in his back legs, and I was recommended a company called Simply CBD. Might be worth a look at their range. I put the boy on the Gold oil, and it certainly seemed to ease him a bit although it works different for everyone. Some people rave about it, some people don' seem to really feel the benefits. It doesn't hurt to try though. I reckon personally that you need a little THC to go with the CBD.

• Like 2

I have made a coconut oil infusion that works on a multitude of things (not taking any credit), but it works on arthritis for sure. Skin conditions etc. 

infuse trim with coconut oil or use RSO and apply topically.

I’ve made several blends over the years and the most recent Spanish batch was extra lush and contains off the top of my head 6 or 7 oils, and a few other trade secrets I won’t divulge as just the coconut oil infusion works. 

Just made it extra Extra because I can, giving back and all that lol

Hope your mum finds relief!

Edited by Budelaire
  • Like 3

Hi mate. 

I suffer with severe rheumatoid arthritis so can identify with your mum's situation.

If she's wanting to stay on the legal route, there are a variety of CBD treatments available online (drinks, oils, edibles the list is endless). I've had some success using cbd oil to drip under the tongue. I've just dug out the bottle I used and its manufactured by a company called . They offer a range of strengths rather than just fancy flavors (like many of the cbd suppliers). 

CBD does take a little while to start working effectively, however, if it doesn't do the trick there are people out there who manufacture oil's specifically for this kind of ailment and the product arrives in the post. Obviously I couldn't tell you where to look for that though. ;)

• Like 2

Just want to say thanks for the quick replies and suggestions - exactly what I needed....very helpful to have a couple of sites/brands to look at and home made options etc!!

I really appreciate the support!

• Like 2

12 hours ago, donniedarko said:

Just want to say thanks for the quick replies and suggestions - exactly what I needed....very helpful to have a couple of sites/brands to look at and home made options etc!!

I really appreciate the support!

donnniedarko  i think i tried the lot off cbd oils mate, best one that i still buy is , feelgood essentials 100% organic i think it is full spectrum . 3 bottles £115. or try 1 £40 ish

ALB .( takes a few weeks to kick in ) 

• Like 1

@Budelaire mate can you let me into your trade secret's about makin your cbd oils . made a few in the last  3years they are not bad but 

i would like to improve , i give , free to friends , who have health prob's . one dear lovely girl . who has breast cancer . aother, has arthritis in hands(hairdresser ) 

ive try'd lecktin , not a fan , maybe wrong type ??? any  tips i would be  most greatful ,,pal . ALB ..  

geogeo

mine is a full spectrum using trim or RSO dude, Sod the law around THC, make you own for sure dude.  Noticed there is a thread from Danzig on here. 

A thc coconut infusion/topical works in minutes in comparison on stuff like joint pain. I smashed my elbow onto a forklift trucks metal bars year ago and occasional it hurts like hell, a pea sized amount rubbed around said joint and the pain is gone. only time I have to use it.   It works really well against dry cracked skin like the covid years, thats why i made it. 

I tried somebody elses straight coco and thc infusion and it worked like nothing else moisturiser wise, you could feel it penetrate the skin and fix old lizard fingers pretty much right away where nothing else would.  so I was impressed.  it smelt like shit though.  so set about making my own.

its as simple as melting the THC into the carrier oil and filtering dude, a heated magnetic stirring helps.  think it was 65 off amazon.  2ltr scientific beaker to do the initial coconut and trim infusion in, i then strain into the pre heated batch of additional ingredients and then infuse again with the stirrer,  also used a stainless stick blender at that point, but its better to use the magnetic stirrer to infuse the initial trim laden batch with its vortex action over an hour or so.  The blender does the same with larger amounts as I was making bulk amounts at one point.

Using a blend that is workable at room temp depending on where you are,  So say 3 to 1 coconut, with sweet almond oil or olive etc making up the remainder.  That way at room temp its easily worked in.   if its for broken skin, leave out the essential oils mentioned below.

I have made many blends using combinations of cold pressed coconut oil, Natural Yellow Bees wax, Avocado Oil (anti stretch mark), Moringa Oil (anti stretch mark), Sweet Almond, Shea Butter, Palm Oil, Vitamin E oil (anti ageing), essential oils for aroma, further analgesic effects, anti bacterial etc and if required make it smell real nice so that it as calming effects.   They all bring something to the party,  Ive not got a recipe as such, well I have somewhere on icloud, but its all situational.  What you can get/prepared to pay for, what will work in your intended application situation etc.   

I prefer to use Biokokosol coconut as its virgin and cold pressed and full of goodness, smells amazing tbf, so worth paying over the odds for that vs a supermarket brand intended for just cooking.

Menstrual cramps, skin conditions and hair loss, general enhancing your natural repair of cuts etc, but joint and arthritic pain etc its where it truly shines.

Edited by Budelaire
  • Like 11

Latest blend, I added Avocado and Moringa due to adding further general skin repair benefits, both poached from pregnancy safe stretch mark creams.  

large.1C2C5E99-B245-4B01-A65F-8A779BC17D66.jpeg

• Like 2

nice work dude :stoned: 

i’ve had really good results using almond oil once with a bit of bee’s wax, i was giving it to somebody waiting for knee surgery and it got to a point where they were going to cancel the op because of how effective the oil/cream was

for a couple of years i’ve used a whole plant olive oil and a coconut oil steep/infusion as sun oil, it’s amazing! the coconut has a natural spf of 8? i think and with the infused resins works really well against sun burn, as in i never get sun burn. i haven’t used any chemical shite for years now and have worked outside on a sunny island everyday :yinyang:

• Like 2

I've got a mate who does a lot of this stuff.

She normally goes for the KISS method of infusing coco oil with moringa or olive oil too. Worth a look at which essential oils create better circulation too... I may be wrong but I think its pine and eucalyptus she swears by. Either way it's really refreshing and acts rapid

• Like 1

@Budelaire @twigs thank's mate,, going to look up danzig's post , trying to save up for a MBM . or a stuart magnetic stirrer hotplate what strain do u you use

an do u prefer sativa - indica .  sorry for all the questions 

I have 2 full jars of Ace seeds Nep/Jam buds. It's not a particular nice smoke so could anyone recommend exactly how I can make a balm? Mainly for knee pain. Do I just melt coconut oil and throw the buds in?

ETA: Just seen Danzig's way of doing it

Edited by Larry Badgeley
  • Like 1