Solacure uvb

Devon Cream

As title states fitted two of these in a groom got the basics on times on and off does anyone else on here use supplemented UVB in there rooms and if so how long do you run them on and off lights on. Thanks

2 hours ago, mysticriver said:

tell me about the solacure uvb - how much & where from - thnx

mystic

got it from FDP on my mates shop order think there £100 rrp for 1.2 mtr strip and holder

12 minutes ago, Devon Cream said:

got it from FDP on my mates shop order think there £100 rrp for 1.2 mtr strip and holder

I hope you understand the hazards of UV exposure? The makers state you must not look in the tent when it is on..

• Like 2

Just now, catweazle1 said:

I hope you understand the hazards of UV exposure? The makers state you must not look in the tent when it is on..

yes mate I’ve done my research on the use of it only comes on later on when I’m not gonna be there only on for short period to start with I’m just gonna play around with it see how it goes over last few weeks. Might be a good thing may not be were see don’t know till you try there’s only a few plants in there to try it on.  Thanks for the worlds of warning man

Edited by Devon Cream
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Devon Cream said:

yes mate I’ve done my research on the use of it only comes on later on when I’m not gonna be there only on for short period to start with I’m just gonna play around with it see how it goes over last few weeks. Might be a good thing may not be were see don’t know till you try there’s only a few plants in there to try it on.  Thanks for the worlds of warning man

Have a no-compromise, military-like discipline when around it. Cataracts is a real risk with them. 

• Like 1

De ja vu:skin_up:

I thought I replied to this thread yesterday lol

Maybe I forgot to hit Submit post lol

I use an LED UV fixture to supplement the spectrum provided by the main LEDs,

I just recently got another one for my other flowering space.

The Mantis UV from @Ledgrowlights-Adam By Grow The Jungle :thumsup:

I run for 4 hours per day after the flowers have started to get into full production mode,

usually start at the end of week 4.

I just have it come on in the middle of the light cycle(to make sure I'm not in the tent when it come on),

i've not yet experimented with different times of day.

In nature UV levels are apparently highest between 10am and 2pm so this is a good place to start.

Good luck with it and as others mentioned,

be careful with UV.

Atb

:yinyang:

• Like 3

If you find plastic items in the tent discolouring, cracking, or disintegrating after a while, that's the work of the uv.

Edited by catweazle1
  • Like 2

52 minutes ago, Shumroom said:

De ja vu:skin_up:

I thought I replied to this thread yesterday lol

Maybe I forgot to hit Submit post lol

I use an LED UV fixture to supplement the spectrum provided by the main LEDs,

I just recently got another one for my other flowering space.

The Mantis UV from @Ledgrowlights-Adam By Grow The Jungle :thumsup:

I run for 4 hours per day after the flowers have started to get into full production mode,

usually start at the end of week 4.

I just have it come on in the middle of the light cycle(to make sure I'm not in the tent when it come on),

i've not yet experimented with different times of day.

In nature UV levels are apparently highest between 10am and 2pm so this is a good place to start.

Good luck with it and as others mentioned,

be careful with UV.

Atb

:yinyang:

They say two hours a day lights on obviously I’ve started a hour in 15 mins increments . See how that goes for a start.

• Like 2

Well one thing I’ve noticed is after short period running the uv managed to lose a lot of the gnats that were in there one bonus gone with 3x15 mins increments to start with last few weeks 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, ZBG said:

Any updates on these UVB lamps and suggested vs actual useage times pls 

Went to two hours after shorter increments into the last few weeks of flower last grow . I’ve started this one at week 4 at a hour in two half hour periods see how it goes then go up to 2 hours last few weeks of flower.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Devon Cream said:

Went to two hours after shorter increments into the last few weeks of flower last grow . I’ve started this one at week 4 at a hour in two half hour periods see how it goes then go up to 2 hours last few weeks of flower.

Thanks dude 

• Like 1