Overfertilized rosin/hash

KkgLmc

I don't normally use the John Innes Westland compost but grabbed some for my last grow and had a slow burn on every stage. Yields were down and it wasn't very good to smoke so I set it aside. Now I'm wondering if I made rosin or hash would the extract be good or is that too ruined?

I have ten ounces, quite sure the soil was too strong as I never got any deficiency and every report they went dark green and leaves burnt until they had taken quite a few plain waterings. 

Has anyone done this i.e. make hash from overfertilized buds and did it turn out good or keep that harsh bad taste?

I don't want to talk about overfertilizing as I know that's what it was and normally use a more professional soil or just go straight Coco. I had a couple of Coco plants and they grew twice the size and speed and more than confident the soil was just a little too strong as I know what overfertilized plants look like as well as deficient.

Much love .

Currently prepping for my first hash run so unable to really comment but most of your fert will be in the plant material. Stick to a finer micron bag and just catch the really good stuff, don't think the trichs absorb all the ferts. could be wrong but I reckon you'll be fine.

What about vaping it instead of burning?

• Like 1

Ugggh it doesn't vape or smoke well but it does get you very high hence why asking.

Thanks for the reply I feel I will try seperting the trichs with a screen and see what it's like.

Thanks

On 03/07/2022 at 11:58 PM, thekingofobsolete said:

sling it for the sheep. :yes:

It's quite a few ounces would easily make an Oz of hash or whatever so hard to sling it.

You can make hash wit it no problem, the key to avoiding plant material in the hash is to treat the material gently and try not to break it up too much.

If you can do it outdoors butane extraction gets a nice clean oil quite easily but obviously kinda dangerous.

Harsh growing condition affect the chemistry of the plant material more than that of the trichomes.  A well- executed dry sieve or ice water extraction will yield about half your potential before starting to green out from small fragments of plant material.

To harvest closer to 100% you might extract the balance with a nonpolar simple alkane solvent, which will be less likely to pick up the water-soluble elements than a polar one like alcohol.

Edited by Graywolf

On 05/07/2022 at 1:22 AM, KkgLmc said:

It's quite a few ounces would easily make an Oz of hash or whatever so hard to sling it.

i`d wash it in acetone then boil the oil off ...possibly taste like shit either way. :yes: