Need help choosing new light.

Tippers75

Just now, catweazle1 said:

Tippers75. 300w will futureproof better in case you want to expand to 1m some time later.

Exactly what I thought and once my grows get better I'm sure I will need to upgrade to a 1m to compensate for all those fat buds!! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, catweazle1 said:

You don't want it more than 80% a foot above the canopy in a 3x3 space in flower. You can dial it in with a cheap luxmeter.  Here's migro video how to do it. I have the red one.

After conversion from lux to umols  aim for:

seedling 300-500

Veg 500-700

Flower 800-850

Do it too high and apparently your buds will be smaller and you are wasting electricity, unless you are adding carbon dioxide.

This is where I get confused whilst looking at specs for the Telos 6 Pro it states an output of 420umol so surely that's not good enough? Which is a shame because that's the light I like most! Its mainly due to the ethos of the company and the fact their products are future proofed and modular by design meaning parts are replaceable and upgradeable. 

@Tippers75 Yes, 175w at 2.4umols/J, so it doesn't look like it's got the output requirements for your area in flowering. I'm a bit sceptical, LEDs can currently be futureproofed as it's moving too fast... bit like PC's were some years ago. I'm guessing I'll be upgrading my brand new lights in a couple of years at most.

Edited by catweazle1
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, Tippers75 said:

I might as well buy the 300w. 

get the maxibright

mystic

• Like 1