Grow spare room q’s

mikeydoughnut

Ey up folks. My headroom woes continue and I’ll be honest I’m my own worst enemy but only 180cm, once height of pots and lights hung are taken into account, it dunt leave much left. 

There’s two options but the first is very cost restrictive. I can get a proper budget 1.2m2/1.5m2 with 2m height for less than hundred quid. A proper one there’s not much change out of 200 quid. Considering the £100 one is pushing it the chances of a nice one are zero. 

Second option. My spare room. I’ve got it back for good and it’s only lickle. Approx 1.9m x 2m x 2.4m. So I’ve got a bunch of different lights to make sure the space is covered.

My main concern. How would a carbon filter perform in a space that isn’t ‘enclosed’. i have a box fan that can move 1500m3 and a RVK L1 that’s about 700m3 possibly intake? So I can move the air inside the room easily. 
This leads me onto my second Q. The door opens outwards which is convenient :) Obviously like all doors there’s space around that light can get through. Would yer box this off wi a timber carcass wi maybe some sheeting? Or just like a trip hazard behind the door n Velcro & sheeting or summat.

Ive a fair idea of blocking the window off n that just depends how good a job I do I guess. Any foolproof matériels to cover ply and not leave intake visible? It’s a nice area round here. Don’t ask how I ended up here but despite being most knowledgeable about how to go about it, covering the window makes me most nervous about tingling folks spidey sense. 

I took a pic but I’m only half way through tidying it, that, along side my rudimentary cover the window with owt to hand to stop me male herming it’s fucking embarrassing. Not having folk calling me names when I’m not even a skeggy pig. So I drew you a pic lol …. On second thoughts I’m sure you can imagine an empty room with a door n a window. Sorry I’m proper baked. A doobie in the bath’ll do that to yer lol 

@BilgePump give o’er! I didn’t know that. I cut up n binned a tent this morning (it were fucked and has been waiting for the bin for months) and thought I’d use the front panel …. Zips all the way round dunt it :bangin:  I’ll have a google for a front panel :) 
Don’t want to go too mental. Want to be able to strip it down easily enough. I’ve got it in my head that, due to lecky costs, it’d be much easier and efficient to knock out one decent grow then back to a quiet life for a few months and maybe fanny about with a lickle tent to give me a hobby to potter wi. 

• Like 1

That's not a bad idea if you've got the space for it tbh , it'd be loads less faff just banging out a grow when outside weather conditions are favourable rather than soldiering on trying to keep tents in check when it's scorching out for example.

The rate Mrs Pump and I plough through smoke though we'd have to run a 6 lighter in the actual spare room lol rather than a 1.2m² perpetual in the box room lol

:yinyang:

• Like 1

lol … Ey up @BilgePumpnowt wrong wi that. I’ve been smoking pure blunts n fat one skinners trying to knock a hole in me weed. I need a 2nd doughnut that’ll get stuck in on’t smoke n touch me winky if tele ever goes on’t blink I reckon. 

The lay out of the room it’d be 3/4’s for growing and a corner for me to do me bits n bobs. I’ve already got 700+ watts of LED light but since COTC t’other day i potentially have 1000w of light. Okay some less efficient than others but even so a lot of the pricey get up I’ve already got. I’m gonna do some costing and planning. If I can come in at less than the £100 for a shit tent I reckon that’s a win. 

I’ve seen ‘grow room’ doors but they want about £60. There’s the dust ones for a tenner. Might try one of those. Cheers for the heads up like. 

Anyone who uses an actual room rather than a tent, any pro’s n cons? Owt that can be easily over looked? Coz if it can, I will lol 

Edited by mikeydoughnut
  • Like 1