Is this a good idea, thanks

Oldman2.0

Hi to all, not been on for 2 weeks as i've had covid, and it hit me very bad, so i'll catch up on others diary's over the next week.

I bought a grow tent on the 24th May online that i never received, shop owner not answering emails, and now have to start a dispute to see can i get my money back, a sickner to say the least, but with that now been spilled milk, i've had to move forward and buy another one. 

I've bought the Rigid straight duct connector with damper and back plate, which i'm going to fit to the wall where the vent hole is. My plan is to build a wooden box (storage underneath) to raise the tent about 14 inches off the ground and use a secret jardin ducting flange kit which i'll have to modify as it will clip to the top tube bar where i want, but will have to extend to reach the upright bar, and put a 4 inch secret jardin duct connector either side of the flange. Then 3 x rubber duct flanges to connect my filter to the fan, fan to the secret jardin flange connector, and another then from the connector outside tent to the backdraft connector on the wall. This i was thinking would give me direct line out for extraction with no bends or ducting. 

From the photos i've added, i would appreciate any opinions/advice if this would be a good idea before i buy these few bits, or maybe i'm going about this the wrong way.

large.Screenshot_20220629-130032_Gallery.jpglarge.Screenshot_20220629-130203_Gallery.jpg

large.Screenshot_20220629-130049_Gallery.jpglarge.Screenshot_20220629-130143_Gallery.jpglarge.Screenshot_20220629-130135_Gallery.jpglarge.Screenshot_20220629-130126_Gallery.jpglarge.Screenshot_20220629-130117_Gallery.jpg

i don't know if i'm missing something, but why don't you just get some flexible ducting and connect from the fan to the vent?

• Like 1

@ratdog I'm want to try and keep the fan at lowest possible setting i can get away with, and keep noise down, so i thought path of least resistance. With using the vent hole at the top of the tent i would have to have carbon filter lined from front to back then a 90 degree bend to attach to to fan, then another 90 to exit tent, another 90 after coming out of tent to head to vent. I've a fuck'd up back too, so my thinking, if i build the raised box that will help, and also bonus storage compartment underneath (space is limited). Would a direct exit out of the tent with no ducting not be the most efficient outcome. The carbon filter and fan combined alone are the width of the tent.

Just now, Oldman2.0 said:

I'm want to try and keep the fan at lowest possible setting i can get away with, and keep noise down, so i thought path of least resistance.

i wouldn't get too hung up over that mate, i have had mine on 1 before with a couple of metres of ducting and no issues

that's ok in veg and early flower, but you will want it faster in mid/late flower or your humidity will cause issues/rot

i currently have mine on number three in late flower and have a 300w ducting heater keeping temps up and dew point at bay, i have mine in my bedroom also. i also have rain sounds playing out of my phone to help me sleep, and it masks the noise nicely

• Like 2

if that's a 100/101mm hole you could use a tumble dryer vent kit I wouldn't just blow through the brickwork the moisture being vented will cause damp so best to push the solid ducting as far to the exterior vent as possible. 

• Like 1

@Exhale The wall is 4" concrete blocks, depth 1ft, the hole going to the outside vent cover has a 4" wavin pipe full depth from inside to outside cover (photo below of outside cover). Can't change anything outside as it's the front of the house in an estate, does this make a difference the fact that the wall is piped, thankslarge.Screenshot_20220629-161557_Gallery.jpg

• Like 1

ah that's sound @Oldman2.0 couldn't see it from the inside but yeah just install one of those flanges with the backdraft shutter if the wall is exposed to wind gusts otherwise I would just feed some tumble dryer hose in there for the fan exhaust side.

• Like 2