A Little Worried

Pepe Ramon

I went to the doctor yesterday as I've lost 8kg since February. At first I thought it might be because I had been taking decarbed weed in capsule form, and doing this, had somehow restarted my bodily systems and I was approaching homeostasis. Anyway, the doctor is worried that I have lost so much weight without me actually trying to lose weight, so this morning and for Wednesday and Thursday I have been instructed to collect some of my faeces and put it in a little tube, then on Friday I have to take them back to the health centre along with a urine sample, they will also take blood. Then on Monday I have to go for some form of scan, I'm not sure what type of scan, it could just be an x-ray, of my abdominal area, the actuations type of scan was lost in translation.

I feel great, in fact I feel better than I have felt for years but I am a little concerned that the doctor is concerned. What I am happy about, is the the fact I went to see a doctor for the very first time in Spain yesterday, and I am having a scan a week later.

• Like 6

@Arbre Medicinal Good luck mate. Had a similar weight-loss event, so to speak, not all that long ago myself - but it took ages to see a doc so the worry built up. Glad you're not having to piss about like that!

• Like 2

@Arbre Medicinal

Sorry to hear of your issues. A long shot but have you had Covid at all? I only ask because a friend of mine lost weight over a short period and without trying to lose weight or change his diet, it sounds very familiar. He had Covid prior to his weight loss. I am sure you will be fine. 

• Like 1

@Arbre Medicinal

Sorry to hear about your potential troubles.

Hopefully the tests will come back ok for you and you can carry on sunning yourself over there, sending good luck and vibes your way.

Jj :yinyang:

• Like 1

That's kg and a half a month,guess it depends on your weight and your daily routine for past 6months but sound like a normal rate of weight loss,it's not that rapid.

• Like 4

you collect poo on tues and wed and take it in on thursday?

that is odd. poo has a short shelf life and needs to be tested quickly.

and i have never heard of two poo samples - one is always enough as long as fresh.

source; i have UC and do a lot of poo samples. the tins have to have the time on them they are so sensitive.

anyhow, sounds like you are fit and well and the docs worrying about nothing, but may as well. always good to check.

good luck.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Newcouch said:

you collect poo on tues and wed and take it in on thursday?

that is odd. poo has a short shelf life and needs to be tested quickly.

and i have never heard of two poo samples - one is always enough as long as fresh.

source; i have UC and do a lot of poo samples. the tins have to have the time on them they are so sensitive.

anyhow, sounds like you are fit and well and the docs worrying about nothing, but may as well. always good to check.

good luck.

We have to take 3 samples, today, tomorrow and Thursday. The sample from today is sitting in a plastic tube in the fridge, we had to line the toilet bowl with paper as the poo was not allowed to get wet, I was also instructed to use the toilet sitting the opposite way around to normal, to stop the poo landing in the water, it's also not to be exposed to sunlight, hence why it's in the fridge. I am in Spain so possibly they use different procedures here, I have never had to do anything like it before.

So 3 poo samples and a urine sample to be taken back on Friday, I need to piss in another little bottle on Friday morning, blood to be taken on Friday also. I'm just following the instructions given by the Doc, I got the missus on morning poo collecting duties btw.

Thanks for the messages all, very much appreciated, I'll keep you informed as I feel it's relevant to our community, whichever way it goes.  

Instructions in Catalan and Spanish...

large.IMG_4296.jpg

Edited by Arbre Medicinal

4 hours ago, Arbre Medicinal said:

I went to the doctor yesterday as I've lost 8kg since February. At first I thought it might be because I had been taking decarbed weed in capsule form, and doing this, had somehow restarted my bodily systems and I was approaching homeostasis. Anyway, the doctor is worried that I have lost so much weight without me actually trying to lose weight, so this morning and for Wednesday and Thursday I have been instructed to collect some of my faeces and put it in a little tube, then on Friday I have to take them back to the health centre along with a urine sample, they will also take blood. Then on Monday I have to go for some form of scan, I'm not sure what type of scan, it could just be an x-ray, of my abdominal area, the actuations type of scan was lost in translation.

I feel great, in fact I feel better than I have felt for years but I am a little concerned that the doctor is concerned. What I am happy about, is the the fact I went to see a doctor for the very first time in Spain yesterday, and I am having a scan a week later.

When did you move to Spain? Do you feel ok generally? I lost weight when I first went out there due to better quality food and the heat. 8 kgs is just under a stone and a half. When did he weigh you? Morning or evening? Hope you get it sorted, whatever it is.

• Like 1

@pollenlover I moved here just before Brexshit in 2020. The weight loss has only been happening since February this year, this also coincides with me starting to take decarbed weed in capsule form. I feel great in general but if the doctor wants to carry out tests I'm fine with that, I'm not going to argue with him. What was cool was when I said I use cannabis he was fine with it, if I had told that to my GP in the U.K. I'd lose my driving licence straight away. 

Also @pollenloveryou could be right about the food etc, when I was working in Cardiff I was eating all sorts of shite on a daily basis, but I've been eating the food since I got here and nothing has happened until recently. I don't take alcohol and I don't smoke tobacco, I don't eat mammals or fish, I don't drink fizzy shit, but I eat quite healthily compared to 2 years ago.

I lost my mother to bowel cancer in 2020, she was diagnosed in March and she was dead by August, so I'm not taking any chances with my health and if there's free help and advice available, I'm going to take it.

The ultrasound scan on Monday should hopefully clarify things a little.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Arbre Medicinal said:

be careful what they push on you. No matter what they have to say..take things in stride and THINK before you react or make decisions.  ...IF............... THEY HAVE ANYTHING TO SAY... :) 

They convinced me to have heart valve surgery for a leaky valve...which started a whole other range of issues.

Then on came colon cancer..

I was 250 before I started ingesting.

I'm 175 now years later and healthy?!...as far as I know..

• Like 2

What's your height and weight mate? Do you think you should be concerned, beyond wondering why the doc is testing?

They are probably just more diligent than the UK . Let's hope so and your tests come back clear.

• Like 1

To answer @Larry BadgeleyCovid question, no I haven't had Covid-19, I've never even taken a test for it.

@CheechChongReturnsI'm 5' 11'' and I'm currently 77kg, I was 85kg in February. I'm also 54, so I'm ripe for prostate issues etc...

I am a little concerned, because I have no idea what's going on inside my body and when the doc examined my abdomen he pressed something and it hurt, obviously that doesn't mean anything is wrong, as if you press anything hard enough, it'll hurt to some extent, but the outcome is that he wanted me to have a scan ASAP.

Edited by Arbre Medicinal
  • Like 1

@Arbre Medicinal Just sat and has a look at the instructions you've shared with a person who's recently done it NHS style.

No real guidance here was given on exactly how to get the shite on the spatula thing, they left them to their own devices.... Although it raised a quick smile, on consideration that sitting backwards thing is pretty sensible.

Thanks for sharing. Next one, if he goes though it again, I sense that'll be the technique.

• Like 1