Flood and drain bugs

tidyboy1981

Using a IWS flood and drain and I’ve just flipped to flower and I’m finding little white bugs in my pots around the roots. 
   Plants have got slight yellow tips but healthy. 
 Any ideas folks 

Springtails I should think! On the leaves picture would make it easier plus medium grown in and nutrients plus room heat light etc. sounds like your feed is a little on the strong side if there’s a slight burn on the leaf tips.

• Like 2

As mentioned above, 

a photo or two would help with identifying the visitors :)

What feed strength are you running? 

How's the environment? 

Atb 

:yinyang:

10 hours ago, tidyboy1981 said:

Using a IWS flood and drain and I’ve just flipped to flower and I’m finding little white bugs in my pots around the roots. 
 Any ideas folks 

I use to get them,I added silver bullet to the nutrient but still got them,made no difference at all towards growth or yield,even after I’d finish there was load in bottom of pots sitting in water

• Like 1

On 27/06/2022 at 7:51 AM, Big dog said:

I use to get them,I added silver bullet to the nutrient but still got them,made no difference at all towards growth or yield,even after I’d finish there was load in bottom of pots sitting in water

can you use silver bullet during flowering? 

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/26/2022 at 8:10 PM, tidyboy1981 said:

Any ideas folks 

I have alos seen these using a IWS flood drain they seem to collect in the bottom of the outer buckets (i am now using filters)

1 hour ago, PaRaDoXeD said:

I have alos seen these using a IWS flood drain they seem to collect in the bottom of the outer buckets (i am now using filters)

Ok mate were you useing filters in system 

Yup, filters in the pots they screw onto the back of the outlet fittings.I have cleaned the IWS buckets and filters before and they still returned but no affect to growth etc

3 minutes ago, PaRaDoXeD said:

Yup, filters in the pots they screw onto the back of the outlet fittings.I have cleaned the IWS buckets and filters before and they still returned but no affect to growth etc

They're called IWS pot filters (Or IWS mesh pot filters) you can also get an IWS copper mesh pot filter - not to be confused with the IWS copper pot insert lol 

• 6 months later...

Rinse aid from a dishwasher breaks the surface tension of the water and they drown but theirs usually a few that survive but it keeps the numbers down.

• Like 1