Decarb fresh flowers

Guster

@blackpoolbouncer We only had lily's in the garden nothing else and our cats are indoor cats, the only plants I have indoors are cannabis and now cat grass. So I should be good now right. And cat grass in beneficial for indoor cats.

Plus the lady two doors down has about 7 cats that wonder around, didn't want to let them come to any harm either.

Edited by Military Grade
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, Military Grade said:

@blackpoolbouncer We only had lily's in the garden nothing else and our cats are indoor cats, the only plants I have indoors are cannabis and now cat grass. So I should be good now right. And cat grass in beneficial for indoor cats.

Plus the lady two doors down has about 7 cats that wonder around, didn't want to let them come to any harm either.

Our cats are indoors too. 

If it even potentially saves a cats life, then it's worth it. It's not nice at all. 

I'd say indoor cats are more susceptible to eating things they shouldn't, especially if they escape. The Lillies we had were in the house amongst a bunch. Outdoor cats are usually a bit more savvy 

• Like 2

I made butter from fresh herb. Just cooked it for about 7/8 hrs in a slow cooker. I believe it decarbs as it cooks if you do it that long. I made biscuits. I ate 2 on a school night. I’m not used to edibles. I was closed eye hallucinating. It was fucked up lol … I dunno just include the decarb in yer cooking time.

• Like 4

Guest Default Attribute

It doesn’t decarb fully when cooking you still need to decarb properly if you want the most thc. You will get a small amount converted during cooking but not much

I learned to decarb with a covered frying pan and IR thermometer. The weed was sat on some crumpled tin foil to avoid direct heat on the bottom. Yes, it stinks. Air temp of an oven is not a good guide because it doesn't tell you the temp of the weed at any given moment. If you put weed with any moisture in and volatiles that boil off at less than 120c, you won't max out the thc  because lower temperature chemicals prevent that optimal temperature being reached until they've boiled.  off. Think about a boiling pan of water. The metal of the pan will not exceed 100c until the water has boiled off... same with weed, it won't reach 120c until the water and volatiles have gone... then you give it 30 minutes. Mixed with something fatty and consumed, it's coming on in 15 minutes and I'm out of it in an hour. It tastes shit, so this next time I'm capsuling them. I'll be trying a Nebula decarber next  time but will make sure my weed is bone dry before decarbing it and I will test the surface temp of the weed in it. If you want maximum effect I think consuming the whole decarbed flower  is the way to go. I think something gets lost just using infused liquid. My 2p.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, catweazle1 said:

I learned to decarb with a covered frying pan and IR thermometer. The weed was sat on some crumpled tin foil to avoid direct heat on the bottom. Yes, it stinks. .

Yea I bet.. bloody hell lol

• Like 1

Just checked my plant and the smell is intense but unfortunately I see bud rot so I'm gonna harvest now. Not ideal but I believe I'm left with little choice now. :(

Do what ya gotta do mate but just know it might not work anywhere near as intended if it's too early 

• Like 1

Just now, rolio said:

Do what ya gotta do mate but just know it might not work anywhere near as intended if it's too early 

Yeah its definitely too early & I'm surprised to get anything to be honest. If I ever do this again it's gotta be indoor with a proper setup. Tried to get away with doing it cheaply and didn't quite work out.

I use fresh frozen herb always now..as drying and dealing with over 15 pounds is not an easy chore....doable yes but a lot of work trimming.

Fresh frozen sees things get decarbed while bringing down the ISO solutions in an "OIL BATH" at 170 f to 200 f.... By the time it reaches over 200 f you are usually done with small bubbles ,,,,,

170 f

62811af9226ae-IMG-51661.jpg

200f an hour or so later watching the temps as you go...almost done!!

IMG_5169[1].jpg

Edited by gb1
  • Like 1