Decarb fresh flowers

Guster

Didn't really know what I'm going but somehow the plant I grew in the greenhouse looks almost ready but it's getting pungent so maybe time to harvest. Seeing as none of it is getting smoked and it's all probably going into coconut oil, can I just decarb in the oven straight after trimming it?

Stick up a couple of photos and we can tell you if it is ready to be harvested or not :)

Atb 

Ps. Welcome to UK420 

:yinyang:

• Like 4

Just now, Shumroom said:

Stick up a couple of photos and we can tell you if it is ready to be harvested or not :)

Atb 

Ps. Welcome to UK420 

:yinyang:

Thanks very much. Don't think I've got too much choice in the matter, If I'd invested more time and money I'd have got a carbon filter and lights, but instead I put a couple of seeds in a greenhouse and well now that smell is noticeable, not sure what my neighbours might do if they recognise the aroma. large.62b766bba62a3_Grow-Copy.jpg

Not even close yet mate. Harvest now and cannabinoid content will pretty much be non existence.

• Like 2

Alright I'll have to take the advice but the moment I get a good whiff of it from outside I think I'll have to harvest.

Thanks chaps.

• Like 2

Someone was talking about how strong of a scent some Lillies have on here recently, can't remember who or where it was but it may be worth a punt chucking some outside the greenhouse close by.. maybe.. I dunno lol

Good luck with it mate 

Edit: Lillies gifted to my Mrs killed my cat so I hate the fucking things.. and don't if you have cats :unsure:

Edited by rolio
  • Like 2

@rolio

I went into the this moring garden and ripped up all of the lilys in the garden and binned them fuckers. Thanks for the warning mate:yep:

• Like 2

Bit excessive  lollol

Lillies outside are generally of no concern to cats. It's the pollen from the stamen that's the issues so if you have cats and get a bunch of lillies if you cut off the stamens then providing the cats don't eat the whole bunch you will be fine.

By the way if your cat goes in a garden be aware that almost all plants are toxic but generally you wil find they don't eat much of stuff they shouldn't as a rule.

Source. 8 cats and a garden full of exotics and lillies 

• Like 3

I literally watched my cat chew a Lilly leaf then watched him die of kidney failure over the next few days, I had no idea they were posioness... so that's my source. 

They don't need to eat the whole thing, they can cause damage by even licking the pollen off their coat. 

Granted the cat was a fucking idiot who liked to eat random shit but the danger is still there. 

Excessive it may be but I certainly am not risking it again! It was horrendous 

The reason we didn't take the cat to the vet straight away is because we rang the vet after googling and seeing they were toxic.. the advice was what you've just said 'he'll be fine, it's only the flowers that are dangerous' the next morning he wouldn't move and started being sick. His kidneys shut down over the next few days and he couldn't produce urine so he swelled and there was no saving him.

The vet was really pissed at the advice we were given on the phone by her colleague and said we shoulda took him straight away. 

I'll never have Lillies around the house again whilst I have cats.. you do you homie lol

Edited by rolio
Missed word
  • Like 1

Guest Default Attribute

You can decarb fresh flowers yes 

This myth takes a few different forms. Most people think “fresh and cured bud decarb at different rates” or “fresh bud won’t decarb – you have to remove the moisture.” While some others think that, “curing the bud decarbs it anyways, so why do I need to do anything after that?”

Each of these suggestions are myths.

Fresh bud can easily be decarbed in the right conditions. It’s a good way to preserve more terpenes in the final product (think about the smell of fresh vs. dried flowers and other plant material).

In a controlled setting, decarbing fresh bud takes the same amount of time as decarbing cured bud. Most importantly, properly cured bud does not go through the full activation when it is going through the drying and curing process that is required for the active decarboxylation process.

dried-and-cured-cannabis-flower.png

In the examples above, notice that proper curing never leads to a significant decarb of dried and cured cannabis flower.

The fact is, no more more than 1% THC is observed, while the average range is 0-6% of total available THC was fully decarboxylated.

Only when cannabis has been improperly stored (in a mason jar, for example) and exposed to bright light or high temperatures does it become slightly more decarbed. It is also possible that the plant goes through a degradation process if exposed to extreme sunlight. The decarb is nowhere near complete, even in extreme circumstances of exposure.

@blackpoolbouncer

According to everything I found online cool, if a grain of pollen lands on their furr and they lick it, or lick any part of the plant or any water that has come in contact with any part of the plant including water that has come out of the bottom of the pots will make them die with kidney failure in 3 days, terrifying.

With a clutts like my mum can't take the risk of her accidentally bringing contamination from the gardening. Not only do I love my cats vets bills are very expensive.

Some are also toxic to dogs too

Side note I have started growing them some cat grass

Edited by Military Grade

I get they are very poisonous but what I'm saying is so is an awful lot of stuff. 

Better dig those tulips and daffodils up too, get rid of the English ivy, sack of the rhododendron and azalea.dig up the cyclamen, hyacinth, rhubarb, pull out the tomatoes and dig up the spuds etc etc. All have the potential to kill a cat if it eats them.

Fwiw I find cat grass will encourage inquisitive cats into the behavior of munching houseplants.

Plus if your cat goes outside you can't expect everyone around them not to grow lillies.

Nowt wrong with being vigilant by all means and it's a good idea to plant lillies away from where cats frequent and away from attractive palnts like nepeta and mints

• Like 1

On 25/06/2022 at 10:05 PM, rolio said:

Someone was talking about how strong of a scent some Lillies have on here recently, can't remember who

it was me lol they fucking honk indoors, outside they won't mask anything unless you have loads of them, and that won't happen over night unless you spunk a shitload of dosh at the florist lol