Feeding and PH levels in PM supreme soil

Guggsy

3 hours ago, grower951 said:

Don’t PH, don’t remove chlorine from water, and flushing is optional, you don’t need potions just grow and bloom and maybe maybe a little root stim :) 

Exactly what I am trying to do. If you read to much on here it does your head in as there are so many ideas. But this site is very helpful and I am grateful for any help and solutions

• Like 1

So I noticed that one of my plants, Blue cheese is ready to start flushing. All the Trichromes have turned milky white, and no amber ones yet. as I checked using usb camera. but by the time I finish flushing which should take a couple of weeks I should see them turning amber. I was trying to get some pictures to put on here but each time I try, it turns out blurry. as I can't keep the camera or plant still enough, I think the only way would be to cut a piece off and lay it on something still and then take picture. I know that your supposed to flush with just water, but how much and how often. considering the soil is no longer dry as I don't think the plant is pulling up any water. Is there a danger of over watering or do I just water till I get run off, leave for a few days and water again, and obviously no nutes.

The easiest way to know when to water is by the weight of the pot, for me if there is any effort involved to picking up the pot it's fine, if there is no effort or you nearly throw it over your shoulder when you pick it up you've left it too long. A sure sign when you've left it too long is the compost has pulled away from the side of the pot, you water and it just runs out into the saucer/tray. You soon get used to it. 

• Like 3

@KC I understand about normal watering but I am ready to flush 1 of my plants. I last fed all my plants on tuesday, the other 6 of my plants i'll feed tomorrow as soil has gone dry. But 1 of my blue cheese plants is ready. the trichromes are cloudy not amber yet. The soil is still wet from tuesday, while the others are dry. My concern is if I start flushing where the soil is already quite damp, can I over water, or should I not worry about flushing and leave itt for a few more days, chop down and set to dry.

Some people flush and some don't. I do about 7-10 days on water usually but even when you don't (say if a plant throws some nanas and you pull it early without flushing) they're fine as long as you haven't over fed them during their life. I wouldn't water it if it doesn't need it, just wait until it needs watering. Personally I like to give them a watering the day before chop as it slows down the drying process. It really helps during summer I find.

There is quite a big window to harvest a plant imo, i'd wait until the blue cheese needs a water and give it at least one water with no feed, let it dry out again, water it and chop it the day after. Remember there are no hard and fast rules here, we all do it a bit differently, just saying what I'd do myself :) 

• Like 1

@KC nanas? are we allowed to put links in to other sites.  I have just read something and watching a video RX green tech about flushing. Very inteesting.

large.BC1buds.jpglarge.BC11bud2.jpg

This is the blue cheese I think is ready. As i mentioned the trichromes have gone milky white. used a usb camera times 1000x zoom, but took these pics with my phone. The other 2 blue cheese plants are still developing, just a little concerened the buds look a little leafy

• Like 3

Definitely wait until it needs to be watered,

to avoid overwatering. 

It's a good sign if she's started drinking less then the others. 

I often find that an almost ready plant slows down its water uptake in the later stages. 

Atb 

:yinyang:

• Like 2

Coming from seeds you will find some variation on finishing times. 

That's why when we find something that we really like it makes sense to grow it again from cuttings :)

Atb 

:yinyang:

• Like 4

Nanas means stealth banana, they do have a proper name, I think it's a stamen. A female plant can throw some of these out to try and pollinate itself (but can also pollinate your other plants). I had one recently so I had to chop her down prematurely. I've tried the bud and it's fine even without a flush. 

There's a misconception that this happens more with feminised plants but I've not found that myself. 

Well call them bananas as as they look like tiny bananas sticking out the bud. 

Edited by KC
Typo
  • Like 1