Nutrient strength??

Getting good

Hello fellow cultivators.  I've built a auto drip system 4- 3 gallon fabric pots 3 drippers per pot 15 gallon reservoir. Going to run autoflowers for my first run. I'm using foxfarm hydro nutes and hoping to fertigate 5 to 8 times daily once i get further in to my grow. My main question is what strength should I be running my nutrients i get mixed suggestions the most common is 1/4 strength??? Would love a bit more insight. 

If you're growing in coco,

most folk measure their feeds as EC or TDS rather than ml/l.

There's plenty of information on growing in coco,

http://www.uk420.com/boards/index.php?/forum/216-coco-coir/

and

http://www.uk420.com/boards/index.php?/search/&q=Coco&type=forums_topic

Welcome to UK420 @Getting good :) 

Get a grow diary up,

then you'll have a record of how things go,

people will be able to offer help along the way and it makes it easier in diagnosing any problems that crop up.

http://www.uk420.com/boards/index.php?/forum/129-grow-diaries/

You'll to get your head round the photo uploading process,

it's the most straight forward but it removes the meta data(GPS etc) from the photos.

Atb

:yinyang:

• Like 2

I grow in soil but most suggest starting off at 1/4 strength, so the plants can gradually get used to the feed.

The easiest and most accurate way to get the correct amount of neuts is to get an EC meter to measure your feed mix otherwise you just dont really know, its just an approx measure. 

Thanks guys. So let's see if I am getting this. Currently I'm growing soil and for my autos I use foxfarm but I cut the nute to a 1/3 of the recommended because fox farm doesn't have a auto feeding chart just photos. Same for the hydro feeding chart. So could start like that and I adjust my ec by adding water to my solution or more nutes to adjust?? 

1 hour ago, Getting good said:

Thanks guys. So let's see if I am getting this. Currently I'm growing soil and for my autos I use foxfarm but I cut the nute to a 1/3 of the recommended because fox farm doesn't have a auto feeding chart just photos. Same for the hydro feeding chart. So could start like that and I adjust my ec by adding water to my solution or more nutes to adjust?? 

Ye mate you start at what your tap water is mine doesn't register on my EC meter so I add cal mat till I hit 0:2 then add nutes till you get to say 1:5 in flower  do a test run in say 20 litres of water add each nutes checking EC after every one then just X it up for rez use the same amount of water every mix so after you done it a couple of times it will be the same amount of nutes each time hope this helps mine works out about 1 ml of nutes to 1 litre of water in a 250 litre rez