Staggered PK During Flower?

Groking_

Not a hydro question, all mediums.

Does anyone here stagger feeding phosphorus (p) and potassium (k) during the flowering stage, or is using a combined PK booster the general consensus?

Not tried myself yet, but read cannabis plants prefer increased phosphorus in the early stage of flower, and then more potassium towards the end.

I'm going to try it and see if it makes any difference with my current run, but wanted to hear from anyone who has hands on experience.

My plan is to use an even NPK base line feed throughout, and peak the 3 at different stages. (veg, early flower, mid flower)

• Like 1

Complete and utter load of banjax imho.

Makes zero difference according to the man Bugby.....All  desirable plant responses can be driven by light spectrum manipulation and trimming instead of feed induced stresses.

(hydroponic settings- we the growers - made me laugh that podcast....the guy at jungle boys just could not get his head round it lol )

Nitrogen is the key to bud development (yield) but is inversely related to cannabinoid %.....I can point you towards some interesting reading if you have the time/desire.  

:yep:

Edited by zen-ken
  • Like 4

Just now, zen-ken said:

I can point you towards some interesting reading if you have the time/desire.

Yeah, that'd be great! You can never learn too much in this game.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, zen-ken said:

Complete and utter load of banjax imho.

Makes zero difference according to the man Bugby.....All  desirable plant responses can be driven by light spectrum manipulation and trimming instead of feed induced stresses.

(hydroponic settings- we the growers - made me laugh that podcast....the guy at jungle boys just could not get his head round it lol )

Nitrogen is the key to bud development (yield) but is inversely related to cannabinoid %.....I can point you towards some interesting reading if you have the time/desire.  

:yep:

Yes, I read N and P makes buds bigger but the trichome density goes down. You get more bud but also weaker bud because the trichomes are diluted over a larger area. Based on this, if the stone is the aim then less leaf mass is stronger. I've substituted phosphoric and nitric acid for 10% acetic acid to keep N and P down to just what's in the nutes. I've had no issues other than having to up the nutes a couple of ec points compared to what I used before. I've found leaf colour easier to manage with vinegar. I'll find out the result in 4-5 weeks. Vinegar also reacts with the calcium and magnesium ions in water to the plant-usable acetate form. 

Edited by catweazle1
  • Like 4

14 hours ago, grower951 said:

@zen-ken Please share the reading with us 

I know its normally frowned upon but its only another one of those research papers from Isreal and I cant copy and paste it.

The pictures are cool as well.

https://www.mdpi.com/2073-4395/12/5/1242/htm

"5. Conclusions

The physiological results demonstrated a significant deficiency-induced stress caused by K deficiency at 15 mg L−1 K in both cultivars. K over-supply damage was caused at 240 mg L−1 K in the cultivar DQ, suggesting 60–175 mg L−1 K as the optimal range for the cultivation of medical cannabis. It is suggested that the metabolic response of the plant to K supply is composed of two major components: A stress component that induces high secondary metabolism under insufficient K inputs (lower than 60 mg L−1 K), and a component that involves a response to the inflorescence K content. The second component is activated even when the physiological status is optimal, causing the decrease in secondary metabolism as the inflorescence K content rises. It cannot be ignored that cannabinoid and terpenoid content decreased with the elevation of K supply, and no beneficial effects were observed for the elevation of K supply from 60 to 175 mg L−1 K. Therefore, the integration of the results suggests that 60 mg L−1 K is the optimal supply level to maintain high function, yield, and secondary metabolite profiles in medical cannabis. Although we now have a better understanding of the effect of K on medical cannabis, it is necessary to further investigate the response of the plants to mineral nutrition. Information is needed about the requirements for fertilization at different periods within the flowering period, the adjustment of mineral nutrition to different growing media, and different combinations of nutrients within the optimal application range. Studies such as these, which have already begun at our laboratory, will help to refine and optimize medical cannabis cultivation."

• Like 1