Extracting From Fresh Frozen

MindSoup

Hello Chums 

I've got a wee bit of popcorn from Dinamed CBD+ in the freezer,  I was planning on making some QWISO out of it. Will that work alright? Is there anything I need to do differently than I would with dried material?  

If not whats the simplest way to get extract the goods? 

Edited by MindSoup

I've never done an alcohol extraction on fresh frozen, but I can't think of any reason why it wouldn't work.  Alcohol, as a solvent, shouldn't know or care if the material is fresh or dried.  It's just looking to dissolve whatever it can dissolve.  

Being that alcohol likes water a good deal, you may find that it's a dirtier product with water, lipids etc in it.  It may have to be " boiled off" for a longer period of time than dry material extract would. 

But I would think it would work the same regarding potency etc. 

• Like 1

I've only ever made qwiso with fresh frozen (the few times I have , solventless for the last few years now) and I found it stripped a lot of chlorophyll , dunno if it's just me and my methodology but a mate runs dry frozen and gets a much brighter product than I was getting , ie: not British racing green oil.

:yinyang:

• Like 1

It works just fine :)

Keep everything cold

Don't wash long.....fast fast if you want qwiso

3 mins if you want it all and for meds

BHO .dry ice and a loop do well for sure .

what can happen if you keep it around and dont burn it all asap..

is that it may butter up as there will be inactive stuff in there for sure.. like this and this is a three minute wash..

IMG 0464 (480x640)

Edited by gb1

@gb1 Damn I should have read this earlier, I was hoping to use iso as I already have it, but I literally just ordered a glass rolling pin and some Butane so may as well use that now, I'll give some iso a go next time and see how the results compare. 

• Like 1

I did some QWISO on fresh frozen on my last grow, a whole plant. I did a proper QWISO - 30s in and out of the jar, less than 30s touching the ISO, quick drain and anything not drained straight out within the first 3s of the tip, went to drain above another pot to catch the remains. I never squeeze the filter, use a fresh one for the next clump, fresh ISO, not too much in the jar etc. It takes a lot of work but I got light hay golden, nearly brown, goop in the bottom of my pan. It tasted bright and sharp.

The drip through that I let continue to filter does come out a lot more green.

• Like 3

@Keye yeah I've done that sort of method before with dried trim and it did come out really nice and very potent, I'll definitely try a bit of qwiso as well when I get some more trim to play with. 

• Like 1

If you freeze the material and chill the alcohol below around -50C using dry ice, you can extract "Live Resin" from the fresh cut material. 

Alcohol and water love each other, so unless solidly frozen, the Iso will extract not only the chlorophyll, but water and the water-soluble constituents.  

• Like 4

54 minutes ago, Graywolf said:

If you freeze the material and chill the alcohol below around -50C using dry ice, you can extract "Live Resin" from the fresh cut material. 

Alcohol and water love each other, so unless solidly frozen, the Iso will extract not only the chlorophyll, but water and the water-soluble constituents.  

FREEZING is key, Like this man says :)

ps  I have a closed loop for sale :wallbash: This stuff will see me dead in short order ,,,,:chains:

It' just too good... and too much of a good thing ..ain't a good thing in my books..:notworthy:

Edited by gb1
  • Like 2

Just now, gb1 said:

I have a closed loop for sale 

How much does a 2nd hand closed loop cost these days? Not sure Joolz would be to keen being the middle man for that one lol

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MindSoup said:

How much does a 2nd hand closed loop cost these days? Not sure Joolz would be to keen being the middle man for that one lol

lol

It was a joke. Ill just give it to a friend who may use it.. Won't go to waste ...

paid 4gs plus after taxes..

You can a get a license to make concentrates here in Canada,

so people can do that and be quite legit! :)

It's selling it that becomes the issue ...

Edited by gb1