Sterility cash cow

Puffdiddy

What the hell is going on with the cost of keeping hydro systems sterile - no matter where I look or what I try, if brought from the grow trade it seems to cost a bomb!! 
I’ve used Milton to keep my human babies safe without issue and it costs next to nothing.  
Do you have any secrets to lowering the cost of keeping root rot away? Or have you tried a product and failed ?

answers on a postcode to puff “fed up of spending cash on cleaning “ diddy 

nuff lovez 

Just now, Puffdiddy said:

keeping root rot away?

What's happening mate, are you suffering the rot?

• Like 1

Don't let the water go above 21c as that is when anaerobic conditions, that Fusarium and Pythium pathogens  like, occur. Oxygen content falls with rising water temperature. The long-term solution is a water chiller and set it for 18-20c.

Edited by catweazle1
  • Like 1

Just now, stu914 said:

What's happening mate, are you suffering the rot?

No no - all is good but I’ve just tipped another dose of root rot x into my system and it’s dawned on me how bloody often I’m going to have to buy this stuff… want to avoid root rot for sure but want to reduce costs too 

• Like 1

Just now, catweazle1 said:

Don't let the water go above 21c as that is when anaerobic conditions, that Fusarium and Pythium p-thogens  like, occur. Oxygen content falls with water temperature. The long-term solution is a water chiller and set it for 18-20c.

Got the HC 300 set to 19 and it’s all good - can I just drop the additives off then ?

• Like 1

Just now, Puffdiddy said:

Got the HC 300 set to 19 and it’s all good - can I just drop the additives off then ?

I would have thought so, that is the cause. No point in spending money on a problem that  isn't there. Save what you have for if the shit hits the fan and you go away  and the chiller fails. :) 

Edited by catweazle1
  • Like 2

You having problems in that new system mate like everyone else said about temps also I put a bit of great white in also blocked pipes a glue a bit of copper tubing in my buckets seems to help mate

On 15/06/2022 at 9:32 PM, Puffdiddy said:

What the hell is going on with the cost of keeping hydro systems sterile - no matter where I look or what I try, if brought from the grow trade it seems to cost a bomb!! 
I’ve used Milton to keep my human babies safe without issue and it costs next to nothing.  
Do you have any secrets to lowering the cost of keeping root rot away? Or have you tried a product and failed ?

answers on a postcode to puff “fed up of spending cash on cleaning “ diddy 

nuff lovez 

Hailea chiller this end, 18 -19 which i think allows for the water travelling round my RDWC system, last pots in system usually around 20 - 21. Although I must be some sort of dumb arse because I'm still chucking in the silver bullets too... My grandfather would have called it the belt and braces approach but as it has worked ok so far I doubt I will change just because I dont want a failure for a extra few quid spent.... and I have 25litres of it!!

I remember milton from those far long days when the kids were wee and didnt smoke all my weed!!! Doubt it would do any harm, the food you get with cut flowers is high in bleach content and they bloom nicely. Not advice, just an observation!!