portable AC for the drying process

mysticriver

2 minutes ago, SkyRider said:

better than anything else I've tried.

ive ordered the linen one and the neutral one, about a 10-spot each

would one be enough as to not need the incense, in your opinion?

mystic

• Like 1

Ono blocks are always a last resort/emergency thing really. They do a great job but shouldn't be relied upon.

You either need to vent that hot air into a room where you can then scrub and clean the air or perhaps try using an inline carbon filter on the AC unit itself - never tried this though.
Either way, never vent unscrubbed air outside - our noses get too used to the smell to realise how bad it is.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, mysticriver said:

would one be enough as to not need the incense, in your opinion?

When I've used them in the past I've chucked two down, one upstairs, one downstairs, just incase. That's been more than ample to cover up the smells. Like I said though, last resort/emergency type thing. They aren't full proof.

• Like 1

if anyone is interested, there's an update to this thread -

the 1st ac unit has gone back as it seemed on the limits of its power (8000btu) [plus there was a intermittent fault]

ive ordered a 14000btu replacement

having to resort to burning incense and making sure the the strong weed smells were masked before being blown outside with the ac hot air, was still a headache as I always worried that some smell would make its way outside

as luck would have it, I found this product while looking for the replacement ac:

Special Venting Kit with Wired Remote and Indoor Controls for Airflex15-V2  aka comfort kit

it allows you to have the ac unit in one room and cool another room; server cabinet; tent etc.

so the drying room can be closed, cold air blown in and lets say a dehumidifier in there to take away the moisture. positive pressure, but at least no incense needs to be burned and it should be easier to cool a sealed room, rather than the clumsy slightly-open-door policy I had to have before

and it could also be used to cool tents down, as you can have the cold air piped directly into it, and have the extraction & cf take card of any smells, as opposed to blowing cold air towards the intake flaps

definitely takes the 'portable ac unit for growing and drying' argument onto a better footing imo

mystic

48 minutes ago, MindSoup said:

Build a curing fridge/wine cooler ?  

deffo considering this myself!!

• Like 2

Its definitely worth, and you can make one pretty cheap if you get the cooler used.

Edited by MindSoup
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, MindSoup said:

Build a curing fridge/wine cooler ?  

ive seen that

it looks golden for a bar, say the choicest cuts of ones crop, but it wouldn't solve the issue im having as a whole -  ive got 8 plants 

what about the rest of the harvest...

mystic

ill go as far to say that, for me, the special venting kit takes the portable ac game to the next level

awful timing but I had 8 plants up through this heatwave. its turned them a 'lil..... crispy

Edited by mysticriver

2 hours ago, MindSoup said:

you can get some pretty big wine coolers....

yes but id prolly need a chest freezer... 8 plants ffs

even if I cut all the stems right down, could I get 8 plants worth in a chest freezer stood on its end? or 1 of those beer chillers int' local shop like...

would be pretty awesome but I dont have the room

mystic

just waiting for someone with the room, coin and skills to convert a full-size beer chiller

Edited by mysticriver

16 hours ago, MindSoup said:

Its definitely worth, and you can make one pretty cheap if you get the cooler used.

aye thats my plan get a couple of used ones and go from there

• Like 2

I got a 14000 btu one can get me down to 16c but raises the humidity abit, it also has a dehumidifier built in but gets too cold when using that lol  can’t fucking win