Venting 300-400w straight out onto the street?

Tsoi

Hey guys.

So Ive got a 240w light in a tent that I did last run. I was extremely paranoid about helicopters seeing my epic power draw, which lets be honest is not going to happen.

Either way what I did is vent out into the room and leave the window open, maybe turn on the fan if it was paticularly hot that day which worked just about alright, but got hot around spring time.

Now Im thinking of starting another grow on the tail-end of summer. My power draw is probably going to become somewhere around 300-400w at the peak of flower. 

Instead of venting into the room, can I just remove the vent cover from the vent next to my window and stick it through there? Think it will be safe from the eyes up in the sky, even in the winter?

Ive probably watched too many films/documentaries, but I dont want problems either way. Thanks lol

It'll be fine mate. There's all manor of reasons why hot air would be venting out of a house, tumble drier, boiler, shower etc etc. If you're really worried maybe you could vent into a loft space if thats available.  

• Like 2

As above, you'll be fine. You're also likely to get a better result venting the exhausted air outside rather than back in the room.

• Like 1

Cops don't fly choppers looking for grows and certainly not a tent - the cost is sky-high (pun intended) to run them. More likely one of your neighbours might wonder why your tumble drier is running all summer though... or why that fan was running really loud all night etc etc I have good neighbours that I know well but I don't take the piss, they don't even know I smoke.

I'm venting 600W from two tents straight out the window but have made sure its not visible from the outside and you cant hear it even at full power. I would be more cautious with light leaks though as a bright light when you open the tent is a massive giveaway at night time to a nosey neighbour. I know the fella over the road from me has a grow on because he opens his tent and its like something out of a sci-fi movie. He also hung his weed in the window to dry which tbh should be illegal in itself but I digress...

• Like 3

Just now, DeltaMelter said:

Cops don't fly choppers looking for grows and certainly not a tent - the cost is sky-high (pun intended) to run them. More likely one of your neighbours might wonder why your tumble drier is running all summer though... or why that fan was running really loud all night etc etc I have good neighbours that I know well but I don't take the piss, they don't even know I smoke.

I'm venting 600W from two tents straight out the window but have made sure its not visible from the outside and you cant hear it even at full power. I would be more cautious with light leaks though as a bright light when you open the tent is a massive giveaway at night time to a nosey neighbour. I know the fella over the road from me has a grow on because he opens his tent and its like something out of a sci-fi movie. He also hung his weed in the window to dry which tbh should be illegal in itself but I digress...

Thats good to hear.

Yeah idk what fans youre running but my 6 inch is no louder than my desk fan. Was thinking of upgrading to an EC aswell. I run filters so i got no problems with smell, comparatively you can smell weed billowing across the road at every 10th house on my street so im probably one of the less prime targets lol

Just now, cypher79 said:

As above, you'll be fine. You're also likely to get a better result venting the exhausted air outside rather than back in the room.

Yes sir! also dont want to die at night from heat exhaustion and end up sleeping in the garden lol

1 hour ago, MindSoup said:

It'll be fine mate. There's all manor of reasons why hot air would be venting out of a house, tumble drier, boiler, shower etc etc. If you're really worried maybe you could vent into a loft space if thats available.  

Was thinking of that but im good with drilling my ceiling out. seems like im in the clear :smokin: