A Cannabis strain that opens the heart/ is emotional?

jimineycricket

Hi there,

Not sure if this is the best place in the forums to put this, Mods please move it if you there is somewhere it might be better placed.

So just read a great book , "Psychedelic Cannabis" by Daniel McQueen

In it he talks about how Cannabis can be used like a Psychedelic to treat Trauma and for spiritual growth and emotional healing.

At one point in the book he mentions that Hybrid strains are heart opening and emotional. He doesn't go much further than that.

So are there strains of Cannabis that make emotions more accessible? I have not experienced this myself but my experience is limited to what ever cannabis I could get the few times I tried it.

• Like 2

Hi, I've never had any that's had that effect and I don't really believe any are "heart opening and emotional". Sounds a bit vague\unscientific in my opinion. I do think any strain makes us think more and with that comes more empathy (which does lead to spiritual growth and emotional healing) but that's the extent of it in my experience.

• Like 3

i keep power plant has a "trippy high" whatever that means. I guess its because of the THCV in it? Idk, but its worth looking into. 

But weed in general is a mildly psychedelic experience to me, especially after a break. I seem to see through whatever BS there is and talk to my real self in my head, whatever that means lol

I sometimes think people dont take that seriously and just see it as a fun high, which more power to them, but as I said: if you treat it like a stronger psychedelic such as LSD or shrooms, you can definitely explore yourself to a good extent, with none of the risks of the latter.

• Like 4

I do feel a lot more empathy after smoking, when i'm not on it in the day i'm a miserable bastard lol but in the evening, my true self comes out, almost like doing a straight switch of personality. I have yet to adventure into social situations after smoking but i'm pretty happy at home smoking.

• Like 5

It certainly makes me more empathetic.

I'm am the most unpleasant fucker in the mornings and best avoided for at least a couple of hours unless I wake and bake then I'm nice as pie.

I've been sole carer for the mrs for years, easy enough when the MS was relapsing remitting but now it's progressive she relies on me more and more.

Most of the time I can cope with her needs but first thing in the morning it's particularly difficult...until I hit the solo that is...then everything's a breeze.

• Like 8

Cannabis is  one of the five classic psychedelics, it’s the mildest but that doesn’t mean it’s weak! and when we hammer it everyday we forget how powerful it is.

If you stop smoking it for a month when you go back you can’t handle it! 

A bad cannabis experience reads exactly like a bad acid trip

This guy who thought he was dying for example 

You don’t die of any of the classics. The effect cannabis has had on art music and food is absolutely tremendous, more than any other drug.

Definitely a consciousness expander!

Edited by Davey Jones
  • Like 8

Heart opening and emotional is something I can normal attribute to mushroom trips and they can be very enlightening! 

Have to agree with everyone saying weed makes them more empathetic but for me its a bit more than that. In the past year I felt my experience with weed has changed slightly, I have always been a heavy user for medication and just for fun but over the past 2 years my consumption has increased considerably (I blame UK420 lol) and I feel like I have completely pushed through to another level! I have become way more empathetic but also more in touch with my emotions and and more vocal about them. When I go to see my kids compete at events I have to wear my sunglasses as at some point I'm going to well up but this never happened before. It's put me in touch with who I am and made me focus 100% on the important parts of my life and ditch the rest of the noise which was trying to distract me.

What I am trying to say is that although you might not hit a bifta of a certain strain and feel way more like its opening your heart or making you more emotional I think through consistent and heavy usage it really can open you as person a hell of a lot more and make you more in touch with your heart and emotons.

Just to sound like a full on cliché hippy, I used to shoot pretty much anything that moved and was edible but over the past few months this has taken a back seat and I take far more enjoyment watching the rabbits hop about than I ever did taking them out! :hippy:

• Like 2

@jimineycricket   Talk to the main man ... @brock1  .... it will be long flowering !!  .... think approx 14wks  but 'shroom like experiences can be had if you look in the right places :yep:

Apologies if you have your hands full at the moment Borck  :)     

I don't know ,well not anymore . The term trippy and cannabis are almost contradictory ,but I can remember day dreaming and lost in thought after smoking weed ,just so long ago maybe my tolerance is high . I've grown a lot of different sativas that took six months to flower ,some with beady flowers like Dr.Grinspoons . Lots of them are great ,,might be beefier and quicker toflower , no sedative feeling at all ,some have no high at all . I guess though if you grow enough South African-ish Sativas you'll find a great uplifting type of plant through heaps of hemp .

A good haze recommendation though ,and one I wish I'd crossed ,USC's Amnesia Haze . 

• Like 1

In my experience the plants your looking for can be found in nice 14-20 week sativa's. The reason is nothing to do with THC content being strong so don't be fooled. Within this group their are atleast 30 cannabinoids know that could be mixed in any combination. Each mix will give a different effect. The trouble is its harder to find such buds for sale so you have to grow your own. Often with lower yields and long overall time from seed to harvest. Something I have been playing with is breeding such plant's to growth outdoor in any country to combat this very problem. The reason the sheer sight of a long flowering sativa gets me excited is because I know these effect can't be found in no fast flowering indica.

Edited by brock1
  • Like 5

22 hours ago, stu914 said:

I'm am the most unpleasant fucker in the mornings and best avoided for at least a couple of hours unless I wake and bake then I'm nice as pie.

As crabbit as a scrap mans dog before 10am was the description I overheard a mechanical fitter tell a guy on a building site when he was about to ask me for a favour one morning lol Even worse if surrounded by happy people arrrgghhh. It is hereditary and passed all through the family. Sad lights in the bin, Wake n Bake ...helps a bit. But the answer for me is 2 to 3 hours of calm. Actually when I lived in Spain it disappeared so natural sunlight every day coupled with a certain temp must help. 

• Like 2

If you can get/make any, the effects of cob weed are quite profound. I've only tried it once and it was on par with a mushroom/acid experience. 

• Like 2

I feel it’s alot to do with strain, but also your realationship with canna. If you’re a rational materialist then it’s just neurochemical changes within a certain range, a plant with exploitable benefits.

However, imo, if you treat it as an entheogen, as something which connects to deeper nature, then it is a sacrament, something which connects you to the sacred. Cannabis is intelligent, who is manipulating who? Show respect, and she can reveal many things and aid you to be a better, more connected human being.

My love of gardening and how I value nature has definitely been ‘cultivated’ by cannabis.

• Like 6