Help with extraction fan size, controller, thanks

Oldman2.0

4 hours ago, zen-ken said:

All mixed flow fans are incorrect for the application of CF + large duct runs (imo) .

I can understand there limited use due to the high price of EC fans (intakes etc)....but most are mis-sold. 

:yep:

Ok mate cheers so miss them and go straight to EC fans what I was looking at when going to buy was decibel levels and infinity are one of the quietest including EC fans so what justifies the price of EC fans mate and what's the  difference it's a mind field plus I thought these silent EC fans were quieter better motors that's what you were paying for or have I got that wrong as well I think they put all the jargon in just to do your head in thanks

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Baron von greenback said:

Ok mate cheers so miss them and go straight to EC fans what I was looking at when going to buy was decibel levels and infinity are one of the quietest including EC fans so what justifies the price of EC fans mate and what's the  difference it's a mind field plus I thought these silent EC fans were quieter better motors that's what you were paying for or have I got that wrong as well I think they put all the jargon in just to do your head in thanks

Sorry bro....I will try to explain myself.

Your being sold Mixed Flow EC fans as they are uber powerful and cheap.....But they are not for the start of runs ......they work best when in the middle of a duct run, not the start.

The analogy I would use is petrol and diesel cars.

yeah the Ferrari is great....goes really fucking fast.....But attach a tow bar and a caravan going up hill and you loose all the advantage.

This is where the diesel would come in with more torque (or backward facing curve centrifugal fans)

https://www.ruck.eu//pub/media/documentstorage/statische_seiten/diverse_RAM/Flyer_EC_AC_2020_k12552_mail.pdf

(sorry about the link....couldn't copy and paste it)

What Im trying to say is the backward curve handles the increasing pressure better and therefore is used for this kind of application  

https://shop.systemair.com/en/k--ec/c43701

@Arthur Mix - hows yours doing ?

• Like 1

@zen-ken lol I don’t use the piece of shit it whines at certain speeds . The plastics cheap as are the bearings , also how many attempts at controllers do they need . Tbf I would try one of the circulation fans when they are available. I’m glad I never paid for the six inch AC infinity it’s like they had an accountant involved in design ….

Edited by Arthur Mix
  • Like 1

Just now, Arthur Mix said:

@zen-ken lol I don’t use the piece of shit it whines at certain speeds . 

Does it now? 

I notice the market really didn't take for these despite them being better for the job imo.

Even ruck seem to have given up on EC backward facing :yep:

(they where three times the price tbf)

Just too expensive I suppose and the saving in electricity and noise just not worth it when you can just jack up a much cheaper mixed flow :yep:

@zen-ken I used it since new for two cycles and it’s noisy sounded like a road sweeper truck going down the road , it’s the loudest fan I’ve used for motor noise etc .

• Like 1

If going with mixed flow Id still go with RUCK tbf

I have decades of using there products and they are a solid choice imho :yep:

• Like 1

Just now, Arthur Mix said:

@zen-ken I used it since new for two cycles and it’s noisy sounded like a road sweeper truck going down the road , it’s the loudest fan I’ve used for motor noise etc .

:eek:

That is a surprise to me.....I had my hands on the RUCK version for a while and it was silent.....obviously I haven't done runs with it tho like yourself.....But I was well impressed.

Glad I changed the system and CF now and not the extraction like I was going to......still ended up with a fucking carboair60 as I couldn't get anything else in the timeframe I had :ranting:

• Like 1

@zen-ken I may have a faulty one who knows it was from an early batch , changed it to an EC K fan and that’s silent just turbulence noise which isn’t a constant pitch .

• Like 1

8 hours ago, zen-ken said:

Sorry bro....I will try to explain myself.

Your being sold Mixed Flow EC fans as they are uber powerful and cheap.....But they are not for the start of runs ......they work best when in the middle of a duct run, not the start.

The analogy I would use is petrol and diesel cars.

yeah the Ferrari is great....goes really fucking fast.....But attach a tow bar and a caravan going up hill and you loose all the advantage.

This is where the diesel would come in with more torque (or backward facing curve centrifugal fans)

https://www.ruck.eu//pub/media/documentstorage/statische_seiten/diverse_RAM/Flyer_EC_AC_2020_k12552_mail.pdf

(sorry about the link....couldn't copy and paste it)

What Im trying to say is the backward curve handles the increasing pressure better and therefore is used for this kind of application  

https://shop.systemair.com/en/k--ec/c43701

@Arthur Mix - hows yours doing ?

Ok @zen-ken  I take a look at web sites cheers so what fans are you useing   mate

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Baron von greenback said:

Ok @zen-ken  I take a look at web sites cheers so what fans are you useing   mate

Im still using a 15 year old 5 step transformer and a two AC fans lol 

I haven't had the paperwork to replace them yet :yep:

2 hours ago, zen-ken said:

Im still using a 15 year old 5 step transformer and a two AC fans lol 

I haven't had the paperwork to replace them yet :yep:

Ok mate I had a look don't think I useing inline fans I useing rhino the white ones and systemair rvk the grey ones they look like them on that systemair web page not strait if that makes sense mate 

• Like 1