S.A.D / Green Poison / Gorilla Sherbet (F1 Fast Version)

Caly

Hi All,

I've been recommended the above 3 strains based on the finish I want (hard / dense nuggets), ideally I want to grow one of the F1 fast versions and was wondering if anyone has grown any of them to feedback on what I'm looking for and if you lose yield slightly because of the faster flowering?

Thanks 

• Like 3

Hi Caly,

Yes, they are photoperiod-dependent strains as any other photoperiod-dependent strains. You can veg them for 6 weeks (or more) if you want.

Note: as you know (but others don't, so I prefer to clarify here) we didn't answer your first post of this thread because it comes following the messages we have exchanged in private, so we assume you are asking other members of the forum about their opinion.

Kind regards,

tommy

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Sweet Seeds-tommy said:

Note: as you know (but others don't, so I prefer to clarify here) we didn't answer your first post of this thread because it comes following the messages we have exchanged in private, so we assume you are asking other members of the forum about their opinion.

Thanks Tommy, just to let you know I went and brought the Gorilla Sherbert F1 Fast Version :) 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

@Sweet Seeds-tommy would love to hear your views on fast farming vs regulars.

I've got a sweet skunk f1 in flower and a few different f1 strains planned for next grow.....interested to know if I was prepared the wait an extra week or 2 if I'd have a better harvest 

• Like 2

Hi Eldo! ;)

Thanks for your message. For more info on the F1 Fast Version® concept, I invite you to read this article: http://www.uk420.com/boards/index.php?/topic/344936-new-f1-fv-strains-article-★-all-about-the-f1-fast-version174/

In my opinion you can expect the same type of harvest in yield and quality. But with the F1 Fast Version® strains I think it gets more interesting when you select a mother and grow from clone, because you can select the best yielder in the fastest time.

So, if it's not for selection, indoors I would go with the "normal" ones. I don't mind waiting 1 or 2 more weeks and sometimes there is more stability. Outdoors, even from seed, I would choose to grow F1 Fast Version® strains, because harvesting 1 to 2 weeks earlier sometimes makes a big difference as it allows to avoid the first cold nights and the first rains of late summer / early autumn.

I hope this helps. All the best and sweet smokes :smoke:

tommy

• Like 3

On 26/06/2022 at 10:26 PM, Sweet Seeds-tommy said:

So, if it's not for selection, indoors I would go with the "normal" ones. I don't mind waiting 1 or 2 more weeks and sometimes there is more stability.

Hi Tommy - I've gone with the fast versions for indoors and not for selection, could I expect any draw backs from this?

• Like 2

No, most growers are very happy with the F1 Fast Version® strains indoors. No reason for you to be the exception. If you had success with other photoperiod-dependent strains in the past and you are going to give these the same parameters and conditions, the results will most likely be equally good or even better.

Let us know how it goes. Sweet smokes! :smoke:

tommy

Edited by Sweet Seeds-tommy
  • Like 2