Lowering EC run off in coco

Darknight420710

Hi all,  I'm not sure what's happened but my plants all look good in wk 4 yet the run off is as high as 2.8ec and I'm only giving them 1.8ec

For some reason my temps have been getting high up in 29c under LED and not sure how that's been happening so I think it might be salt build up between feeds

I feed 2x daily and give 2 plants 1.5L and 1 plant 1L, even then run off is about 30%

Im wondering how best to lower it

My question is what EC should I feed them at to get them within a suitable range? 

How long do I wait before flushing again, is it constant over a bucket checking every minute or 2? 

When mixing the nutrients is it just the A&B I need to mix or the rhizo, cannaztm, boost? 

Any advice grateful received. 

Thanks 

Edited by Darknight420710

Could try Adding a 3rd feeding or up your current feed volume so you’re getting around 60% run off and drop ec to 1.2 - 1.4 for a week see how the ec is after that 

• Like 1

If E.C goes up, and run off volume decreases, then you're not watering enough. - add another feed 

If E.C goes up, but run off volume stays the same, then you're over-fertilising.  - lower the EC 

If E.C goes up, and run off volume goes up, then theres a problem thats effecting uptake, like cold roots, root rot etc.

Edited by GSZZ
  • Like 7

You say plants look good,sure the pen is OK? I don't do coco yet but shouldn't they be burned from nutes at 2.8?

Also I read if your giving them anything beside a and b ,that goes in tank first then ab.

Note I only read that I didn't grow a single plant in coco

• Like 1

large.Screenshot_20220604-091759_Gallery.jpg@kronic420 @GSZZ and @Herbal Kint 

Thanks fir your replies, some good info and I'll increase watering at a lower EC over the coming days and see how things go. 

My EC pen is the bluelab truncheon and never had any problem with it. 

I noticed before I went to check the root temp and seen I had the oil radiator probe plugged in the plants and the heat mat outside on the floor! 

I've now put them where they should be and roots sitting around 23c and elevated around 5in off the mat as I need to drain run off away. 

I'll see how things go tomorrow and Monday. 

Thanks 

Edited by Darknight420710
  • Like 2

1.8ec is pretty strong, I rarely go over 1.5ec these days

I'd drop it a bit and then follow gszz advice above

• Like 3

1.8 ec is on the high side 

salt build up starts in coco if ur coco is drying out to much between feeds either by the plant drinking it or evaporation u could give a good watering with a lower ec like 1.3-1.5 to bring the ec down and try keeping ur coco a little wetter as long as there well rooted u should be ok 

try keep ur run off within 0.2 ec of ur feed ec if it starts getting higher give a good feed till the run off is back in range 

good luck 

• Like 1

Thanks all. I'm taking the advice and watering around 15L over 4x in 12hr lights on period, im on 1.3ec going in and its now around 1.7 run off last night, just about to feed today so hopefully later on it'll balance it out and I'll report back tonight. 

Thanks for all the suggestions  its working slowly but surely. 

• Like 1