BLUE MOONSHINE

budderz

Hi all 

id managed to aquire myself 2 packets of dutch passion feminised blue moonshine seeds from delicious seeds and have saved them in my collection 

what i had noticed is the strain was discontinued some time back ? does anyone know the reason for this ?

i wondered if there were any other seeds of this strain kicking about on the market but i cant seem to find them anywhere 

the seeds seem to be extinct so to speak 

i also cant get my hands on blue velvet or flo ? what happened to these strains ?

@DutchPassionTony do dutch passion have any of these seeds left ? 

• Like 3

On 5/28/2022 at 7:25 PM, budderz said:

Hi all 

id managed to aquire myself 2 packets of dutch passion feminised blue moonshine seeds from delicious seeds and have saved them in my collection 

what i had noticed is the strain was discontinued some time back ? does anyone know the reason for this ?

i wondered if there were any other seeds of this strain kicking about on the market but i cant seem to find them anywhere 

the seeds seem to be extinct so to speak 

i also cant get my hands on blue velvet or flo ? what happened to these strains ?

@DutchPassionTony do dutch passion have any of these seeds left ? 

Hi mate,

Blue Moonshine, as well as Flo, Blue Velvet, and others have all been discontinued the last few years.

I don't know the exact reason for this because it was way before my time but I think the interest in these varieties became less and less.

These are definitely old school genetics, all based on the legendary Blueberry genetics by DJ Short.

We are getting more and more requests about these seed varieties so we might bring something back in the future.

We ofc still have all of these varieties in the seed vault :george:

On 5/28/2022 at 9:55 PM, Shumroom said:

I don't think Tony's on here anymore. 

@Antonio_DutchPassion might be able to answer your question :)

Atb 

:yinyang:

Thanks for redirecting this matter to me mate! Appreciate it :thumsup:

• Like 2

Some of these varieties have a permanently unavailable status, however this might change in the future once the decision is made to reintroduce.

The stock that is left is not for sale, strictly for breeding/making sure in case we decide to reintroduce that we can get close to the original.

However, I will talk with one of my colleagues to see whether I could nick a pack or two.

Might be mission impossible but there is only one way to find out :P

Where are you located?

Edited by Antonio_DutchPassion
  • Like 7

It'd be great if Mazar was like the batch it was fifteen years ago . Any old packs knocking around !? 

• Like 2

yes mazar was a nice strain 

i agree with colakush dutch passion should definitely bring back the whole blue family

id be just as happy to watch a good grow diary of these blue strains @Antonio_DutchPassion 

if you do manage to get your hands on some maybe do a diary of each packet 

• Like 2

I remember cone on hg420 reprod these to high praise back in the say.

The blue moonshine were the most indica thing I'd ever grown!

They even had a bluey/purple hint.

Long time since then tho.

Good luck

• Like 2

I hear you all! :gossip:

Got some news back from the HQ, unfortunately for now we cannot sell nor distribute any of the remaining seeds out of the seed vault.

However, we are taking notice of all of your wishes and that could mean we will be re-introducing some of these varieties in the future.

It's definitely a project that has come to mind before, it will take some time and effort to complete, the biggest challenge is getting the seed lines as close as possible to the original again.

Who of you has grown our Blue Moonshine, Flo, Blue Velvet in the past and would be more than happy to grow these beans again?

And which one was your favourite?

Edited by Antonio_DutchPassion
  • Like 4

Haven't grown any of them, 

but it's great to read that our voices are being heard :D:thumsup:

Atb 

:yinyang:

• Like 2

I have done crosses of the Blue Moonshine in the past outdoors with great results :yep:    

With classics like that & so many people now holding their own genetics bank within their home  fridges ,  surely DP would be onto a winner ?

I for one collect beans as with recent events like Dinafems overnight plight ,  more & more of us want to hold onto the things we like as you never know :)     

@Antonio_DutchPassion   A good " Blue " collection is a rare thing nowadays  ,  they are generally in high demand and they do tend to perform well outdoors ,  add in the ever increasing cost to power an indoor run  ... kind of a no brainer to release a Blue selection ,  would certainly shore up the Dutch Passion Outdoor offerings :yep:    A 2.0 version of them certainly wouldnt put me off.

• Like 1

I absolutely loved blue moonshine .

What a smoke that was ; smell and effect were top notch..

toki

• Like 1