Jacks magic anyone??

Bebop

Anyone got know is wetlands jacks magic is worth a punt?? My local garden center has an offer on and was wondering is is worth giving it a shot as I'm repotting in the next few days.

Just spotted sylva Grow Organic too. Anyone got any experience with that?

Edited by Bebop

If cheap enough then yes.

Especially for vigorously rooting auto's.

Just don't let it get compacted with too much watering before the roots get going strong!

B&Q Verve might be just as good.

The Jack's Magic would probably be more consistent, fresher/better stored though.

• Like 1

I used to use this quite a bit but it got too expensive, even on offer.

The added seaweed helps the plants get going!

• Like 1

I've used Jacks Magic for a few years. I do cut it with perlite/vermiculite and peat/coco.

However...

The last bag I picked up of it was absolutely awful, completely different to what it used to be. It used to be a lovely consistent mix that smelt decent.
Now it comes with a million twigs in it, random bits of plastic, perlite has been added in that never used to be there and even when you get rid of all of that, it just doesn't have the same feeling to it.

I'm not saying it's awful, I'm growing in it now, but I will be switching to a different brand next.
Oh and it's also more dear than it used to be (at least at my place) lol So worse quality, more expensive. Great.

Edited by SkyRider
spelling
  • Like 2

Thanks chaps, I might give the SylvaGrow orgainc a go. They had a split bag where I could have a good root around and feel, it seemed nice a light with no woody bits. It was almost double the price but looks like its worth it.