plants drooping under LED

badbillybob

Hi, i put my scope x 680 over some plants which i had previously vegged under some metal halides and within 2 days they started to droop. light was about 2 feet from canopy on 550 w, which should have been fine.

watering hasnt changed, temps are sitting at 27 which should be fine, but they are drooping, as if over watered.

i cant figure out why, so ive put the metal halides back, but id like to know if anyone else has experienced this? and what was the cause, because im looking to get the led back for bloom.

cheers

• Like 1

They take a  bit of time to get used to the light levels   bud, slowly slowly catchee monkey with LED light levels, they can take  it as they mature and get "used" to it.

Turn the wattage down.

Ime anyway.

:yinyang:

• Like 5

This might be completely useless but just putting it out there, have you checked the DLI with a app like Tent Buddy?

• Like 1

Just now, Colakush said:

@badbillybob have you measured to see the exact distance from the light to canopy ?

I checked for your light and it's listed as 18 inches 

yes it was 24 inches at 550w

• what about it? humidity is the same as it was previously, sitting around 50-60%
  • Like 1

I've found with led the plants look a bit droopy if the humidity is low. Getting it over 60% they look a lot happier.

• Like 1

well maaybe, i dunno, but ive just checked the meter readings and my hand has been forced.

Ive decided that im chopping the lot down. this side of the room anyway.

i just cant afford the electric costs for them, sorry.

no huge loss, they look a bit crap anyway to be honest. thinking about it i topped them a couple days ago, maybe theyre just a bit stressed.

large.2.JPGlarge.1.JPG

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, inceywinceyspider said:

I've found with led the plants look a bit droopy if the humidity is low. Getting it over 60% they look a lot happier.

40's lol. I stopped caring(within reason) about RH in veg. Now I only worry in flower now.

large.20220524_011622.jpg

• Like 1