Harvesting at different times

mystic_roots

So I’m looking at how I can harvest my plants, they’re not quite ready yet but figured if I need to buy something to help then I’ve got enough time. 

Im growing two strains, one will certainly be ready for harvesting while the other still has a week or two to go, so how can I harvest one plant as I only have 1 growing tent and I’m not so sure I can leave the one that’s harvested hanging in a room due to the potent smell. 

Any ideas or thoughts on how I can get around this issue?

@MindSoup

This is what did. Attach your intake to the bottom of the box (you can see that in the 2nd picture bottom left) and have it going into the tent. It will be extracted in the normal way. Put a few holes in the box for airflow

ETA: The only downside to this is that cardboard, by it's nature, will absorb any moisture. Whilst this can be good for drying, be careful the buds doesn't dry too quickly. If I recall mine dried really well in it but it was in October when the air temp wasn't hot.

large.IMG_1045.JPGlarge.IMG_1043.JPG

Edited by Larry Badgeley
  • Like 7

Yeah sounds like you need a passively vented box attached to yer intake on your tent , folk have good results using cardboard wardrobes iirc :yep:

:yinyang:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mystic_roots said:

Any ideas or thoughts on how I can get around this issue?

go out and by the missus some lilies, i have just chopped a shivaberry, and it's hanging in my living room, i also have lilies on the windowsill all i can smell is the bloody lilies lol

seriously, they fucking honk

• Like 5

57 minutes ago, ratdog said:

go out and by the missus some lilies, i have just chopped a shivaberry, and it's hanging in my living room, i also have lilies on the windowsill all i can smell is the bloody lilies lol

One point is I don't have a Mrs lol and I wouldn't be telling any potential girlfriends of my grow cause if there's a fall out, well they'd probably have the coppers knocking on my door. I grow in the spare room so a cardboard box is perhaps the best route to go, just have to chop them into smaller branches for hanging but maybe that will give them an even drying effect. I always found that the outside goes hard quite quickly and smells like hay. It's only after jarring them they develop the smell.

I'd do the lazy way and just harvest the one that's ready a bit late, or maybe half way between so one is slightly late and one a tad early.

This is what's called thinking drying out of the box. :smartass:

17 hours ago, Larry Badgeley said:

@MindSoup

This is what did. Attach your intake to the bottom of the box (you can see that in the 2nd picture bottom left) and have it going into the tent. It will be extracted in the normal way. Put a few holes in the box for airflow

ETA: The only downside to this is that cardboard, by it's nature, will absorb any moisture. Whilst this can be good for drying, be careful the buds doesn't dry too quickly. If I recall mine dried really well in it but it was in October when the air temp wasn't hot.

large.IMG_1045.JPGlarge.IMG_1043.JPG

I used to use this method, but due tothe where my tent is positioned it was really awkward, on top of that my flat get some pretty extreme temperatures and levels of humidity. I dry everything in a modified Peltier cooled fridge now as per @FarmerPalmersNT guide, the whole setup needs a bit of fine tuning but it's absolutely transformed my end results.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MindSoup said:

dry everything in a modified Peltier cooled fridge now

any chance ya can link us to the guide

mystic

23 hours ago, ratdog said:

Right on RatDog :yep:    I have over a hundred lily bulbs i stagger across the season to ensure i have a huge floral ddisplay throughout the flowering period of my girls :)     You can smell the lillies perfume in the neighbouring homes and no whiff of the girls ,  add in to the mix lots of heavily scented roses and if it gets bad .... a healthy drop of fresh farm manure :) 

• Like 3