Stealthy Fem grow

Zebal

Hi fellow growers,

Just after some advice to wether i could do a stealthy photo fem grow in the garden.

First ,Yield is not important, its really an experiment to see how it goes, Second its has to be stealthy, in a way that the plants stay small, ideally no more than around  2-3 feet, So i can position them where they wont be seen and get plenty of sun.At the moment i am growing Auto's in these places but hoping to be done by around July.

I was thinking of ways to achieve this would be start a late grow, maybe 3-4 weeks of vegging indoors on 18-6 and then put outside around Mid July ? Grow in small pots 5-7 L and do some training on them. 

Interested in anybodies thoughts and if its achievable ?

Thanks

Zeb

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, Zebal said:

Hi fellow growers,

Just after some advice to wether i could do a stealthy photo fem grow in the garden.

First ,Yield is not important, its really an experiment to see how it goes, Second its has to be stealthy, in a way that the plants stay small, ideally no more than around  2-3 feet, So i can position them where they wont be seen and get plenty of sun.At the moment i am growing Auto's in these places but hoping to be done by around July.

I was thinking of ways to achieve this would be start a late grow, maybe 3-4 weeks of vegging indoors on 18-6 and then put outside around Mid July ? Grow in small pots 5-7 L and do some training on them. 

Thanks

Zeb

I managed to keep two plants at about 2 3 foot just used used a method called low stress training .. they also stayed low cos I encountered a few problems when growing but didn't find it to hard to control and still got an Oz off each dry which ain't great but I was happy being a first timer 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Zebal said:

Definitely.

You could put them out earlier and train and top them until they go into flower.

I've grown a good few plants that stay about knee height including pots with lots of training before they go into flower on my balcony.

Last year I did a late guerilla plant out at the beginning of July after a two week start at home and they got a bit bigger but I didn't do any training or topping.

These are autos in flower with photos coming on behind.

Gives you an idea about growing low profile outdoors.

large.6270fea3b5492_20200724_082956(Medium).jpg

• Like 4

Yes it can definitely be done. Lots of information on here about low stress training. You should still get a good crop.

@Zebal   Without a doubt mate :yep:    You can get a decent crop from a shorty no worries.     

One of the naturally shortest & stockiest plants i have done in the garden to date was the Reserva Privada  Purple Wreck  ,  in last years gallery.

Yield was good ,  end product for me is very impressive in terms of flavour/ taste / effect and duration.   

Great little plants and only 1 minor rot blemish right at the end and that turned out to be me being over protective.    I was pre warned that it wasnt great in the rot stakes but the run went pretty well with a few jars of luscious dark fruit jammy goodness that comes in fast and wipes away the stress of the day.   

Sweets S.A.D is another that can be kept short , bulletproof outdoors and very nice end product ,  again pics in my gallery :yep:

Edited by OldFord
Spelling ...as usual
  • Like 1

You may want to consider smell as much, or more, than line-of-sight. 

Just cause you can’t see it doesn’t mean you can’t smell it, you know? 

Best of luck 

• Like 2

I used to love garden growing but new neighbours means I'm indoors now. If you want supreme stealth, grow in the countryside or wasteland. That way if you get raided, they'll find nada and you can even go away on holiday and they'll still bring a haul in end of October. Not sure autos area great idea for geurrilla growing tho..

large.IMG_1447.JPG

• Like 3

21 hours ago, Cajafiesta said:

You may want to consider smell as much, or more, than line-of-sight. 

Just cause you can’t see it doesn’t mean you can’t smell it, you know? 

Best of luck 

Yeah mate i hear you on the smell front :yep:    The Sweets SAD & RP Purple Wreck were both fantastic in that department ,  the Blue dreams i did last year were almost zero smell unless you manhandled them.     TH Strawberry Glue is another with minimal smell :) 

• Like 3