Which would you germ to fill a 4x4?

FlooK

I've got:

3 x fem AK420

3 x fem Santa Marta Haze

3 x reg panty punch

3 x reg mack and crack

3 x reg apollo black cherry

My tent is a 4x4 so it'l fit 4 plants, usually I would grow out 4 of the same strain, just wondering what you guys would suggest with the above :)

PS @Seedstockers-Mark they arrived thanks so much again mate

Cheers

• Like 4

Before answering that,

I'd like to know if you have a separate drying space available,

for when harvest time comes? :)

Even if it's just a cardboard box which sits outside the tent,

but is connected to your extraction/intake. 

Atb 

:yinyang:

• Like 4

i would do all of them. But my pots aren't bigger than 7L.

Edited by AustrianToker
  • Like 8

1 hour ago, Shumroom said:

Before answering that,

I'd like to know if you have a separate drying space available,

for when harvest time comes? :)

Even if it's just a cardboard box which sits outside the tent,

but is connected to your extraction/intake. 

Atb 

I think i could probably sort something out, ideally it would all be dried in the same tent at the end of the harvest while seedlings germinate elsewhere. 

Are you thinking of staggering the harvest?

• Like 4

1 hour ago, AustrianToker said:

i would do all of them. But my pots aren't bigger than 7L.

you'd germinate all 15 seeds? my pots are 3gal or 14L. I wanted to do the mack and crack initially but seems a waste to run a 4x4 tent with only 1 or 2 plants inside it. 

• Like 2

Yeah,

I was considering how much of a variation of flowering times would be possible :) 

Staggered harvests have their advantages,

you don't have to trim it all at once,

you can get some weed in the jars earlier whilst the later plants get the time they need to finish properly :D 

With the Regs you've got a 50/50 chance of a female plant from each seed,

you can get more than that,

or none in the extreme example :( 

Whenever I see the word 'haze' I expect larger than average size plants which usually takes a bit longer to flower than most.

I'd probably germinate at least one of each of the fems and all of the Regs :) 

Do you have a wee space for keeping cuttings?

Atb

• Like 4

Jesus you're really pushing me out of my comfort zone here haha. I've only ever done 4 of the same strain in a 4x4 before. If I did 1 of each fem that would be 3, then all the regs (4 or 5 should be female)

That would leave me with 7 or 8 plants, you think that would be ok for a 4x4? I'd previously vegged for 4 weeks so will have to cut that down a week or so I guess to fit them all in? Any advice appreciated thanks pal

Also I don't really have a space for cuttings, I could possibly make something but how would it help?

Edited by FlooK
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, FlooK said:

what you guys would suggest

good luck with the grow

i usually run smaller pots, single cola when trying new strains, it will show me the growth pattern of each plant.

i take clones of every plant, you may have some keepers, this will  allow you to pick grow companions for your clones and choose a grow style

sog, topped, etc...   depending on strains veg rate, shape and stretch

sam

• Like 3

Always take clones of new plants before flowering(if possible),

you never know which one might really 'do it' for you :) 

You'll kick yourself if you lose that one plant which was genetically head and shoulders above the others :no:

I haven't tried it myself,

but I believe it's possible to keep unrooted clones in a sandwich bag with some water in it and can be kept in the fridge for a few weeks.

Speaking of smaller pots,

you should check out the Pot Noodle Competition grow diaries

http://www.uk420.com/boards/index.php?/forum/324-seedstockers-pot-noodle-challenge/

It's amazing what's possible :eek:

Atb

• Like 2

From my perspective, it sorta depends on what your goals are. Do you want to look through these plants and learn them intimately, or are you just trying to grow some free weed as quickly as possible?  

Id run all the strains at the same time in small

pots. Single cola (when it’s possible to clone without taking the top from the plant for a clone.) to get an idea of the true structure of the plants.  Every plant would get backed up so that I have a copy if there’s a standout plant(s).  If the names are any indication to what’s actually in them, it looks like you’ve got some Sativa influence (haze, crack) so, in theory, they shouldn’t all finish at the same time. But you’ll never know That for sure until you grow them. 

BUT that’s me wanting to KNOW my plants. I like free weed, but that’s not my main motivator. Information and excitement for “the new” are my main motivators. 

If you just want free weed as fast as possible, pick the quickest strain and flower them in big pots. 

It’s all according to what your goal is, in my opinion. 

• Like 3

Just now, Shumroom said:

What's all this talk of free weed @Cajafiesta?

Atb

Fair point. I suppose less expensive weed would be more accurate.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, FlooK said:

That would leave me with 7 or 8 plants, you think that would be ok for a 4x4?

I used to do 9 in 6.5ltr pots every grow in a 4 x 4

Owd

• Like 6

To be honest i smoke for pain relief and usually go for the indicas. I've tried growing multiple times (albeit risky genetics i'm told here) and they've hermied each time. I really want to get a grow under my belt that has no seeds in it. If im truely honest none of these flavours sound familiar to me or even get me excited to test, never heard any strains even remotely similar.. stopped smoking haze like 10 years ago when the market started to discover more potent and flavoursome options. 

With all that being said I appreciate I'm still a noob to the scene and hoping to be pleasantly surprised. But to answer your question, I'm not really looking to master these plants, im looking to grow them out, learn from the experience, hopefully have no hermies so I can be assured that my environment is sound (since im told these genetics are fairly robust and wont herm on me).

Once this part of the mission has been accomplished I can move on.... unless of course the plants are mind blowing in which case ill probably order some more seeds and regret not taking clones :)

If anyone knowledgeable could comment on my thought process or give advice based on the above info it would be greatly appreciated

Cheers

Edited by FlooK
  • Like 2

11 plants in 5l pots in a little over a sq meter.....

large.101_6661.JPG

Get them all cracked,I would.....

• Like 1