Hey, 

Anyway to work out the cost a month it is to run-

ec mountain air whisper 6”

hps 250w

tower small fan

humidifier 

all running 24/7

Guest anarchycamp

It'll be cheaper than buying street weed, but you'll want to maximise plants/space to get the most out of it.

Cost per Month = Cost of Electric per kilowatt-hour in pence/ 1000 x Total Watts of All Devices x Hours on per day x 30

Example: 0.27p/1000 x 1000 total watts x 24 hours (x 30 days = £194.40/month

If all the devices aren't on for the same period time each  per day you will have calculate for each device, then add them together.

Edited by catweazle1
  • Like 1

Consumption meters that plug into an outlet exist.  That's probably the path of least resistance, if you really have to know. I've never calculated consumption of specific devices, but I can say that, running a couple of tents with LEDS makes an insignificant impact to my personal electric bill.  I'm in the states, so billing may have a different method than you do, but for me it's really pretty insignificant.  Maybe an additional $20 per month on my bill?  Maybe an additional $50 in the dead of the summer when I have to run the house AC constantly to keep tent temps down. 

It's an absolute win, economically, for me, compared to buying dope.  No question about that.  Plus the additional mental satisfaction that can't be accounted for, financially. 

• Like 2

As a personal.hobby grower in a small 3 plant set up. 

I use 250w lights now over 12hrs

Infinity 6in on 14w over 24hr

Small desk fans 1 at 12w and other at 15w 24hr

Root it heat mat at 35w over 24hr 

Oil radiator which kicks in at 800w but only reaching 600w over 24hr with start and ztop for 40min until temp drops 

I'm 35p per kW and I don't think im using 5kw per day and my smart meter funnily enough averages £4.20 per day lol but I WFH and burn electric 24/7

My last grow averages £39 per ounce when weighing up the costs on what I used for growing. I'm pretty OCD and have one of those watt readers as I like to see what I use for each item I need. I think I got nearly 12oz last time and to pay £220 an ounce on the street just doesn't make sense... 

So.overall I think I used aroumd £500 increase I'm electric growing over 4 months but in comparison to having so much weed thst would cost me thousands to buy it works better for me. I don't think its feasible if you're on universal credit.

As others said it'll be far cheaper growing your own than buying unless you're just a casual smoker and you then need to weigh costs up 

Edited by Darknight420710
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 21/05/2022 at 6:06 PM, Ecto said:

Hey, 

Anyway to work out the cost a month it is to run-

ec mountain air whisper 6”

hps 250w

tower small fan

humidifier 

all running 24/7

@Ectoit's not a cheap hobby especially if you are in the UK like me 

My setup is costing me around £100 a month to run and I  get 2 plants down each 4weeks but for proper veg time and flower time I'd say more like 5 or 6 month not 4 month like some say it takes

Vegging from seed takes a good 6 weeks plus and then the first w weeks flowering are the stretch so that's 8 weeks min to start but then it's a good 8 to 10 weeks before ready so inless you can do 2 areas like me and veg and flower at same time then your talking around £500/£600 a grow in electric costs which seams good inless anything goes wrong like hermie plants.

You need all the right equipment and then electric to run everything im using leds and they expensive to buy I did use hps before Christmas and my electric cost was double around £200 a month for me to only get seeds in my buds and have to scrap the lot and start again  good luck and happy to help if I can 

34 minutes ago, Grow lady said:

Vegging from seed takes a good 6 weeks plus and then the first w weeks flowering are the stretch so that's 8 weeks min to start but then it's a good 8 to 10 weeks before ready

if you take cuttings of a female after you have sexed the seed you can have a clone ready much quicker than 6+ weeks, probably 3-4 weeks depending on style

and the stretch is usually 3 weeks so if you are adding 9 weeks to that to finish you want to find quicker strains, most of mine are finished easily by 8 to 9 weeks

• Like 1

Just now, ratdog said:

depending on style

Clones straight off mum SOG, rooted and flowered under 12/12 at the same time,...saves growing loads of stems

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 06/06/2022 at 2:20 PM, stu914 said:

Clones straight off mum SOG, rooted and flowered under 12/12 at the same time,...saves growing loads of stems

I must give this a go ! Can I just put the rooted cuts into 12/12 right out the aeroprop then ? Basically no veg

6 hours ago, Puffdiddy said:

Can I just put the rooted cuts into 12/12 right out the aeroprop then ? Basically no veg

You certainly can...clones takes on the age of the mother plant so there's no veg needed but the plants will be smaller as a result.

It's a good way of doing Sea of Green if you're not bothered about plant numbers.

• Like 1