Garage growing

Crow River

@stu914 yeah that's what I tried but your activity only goes back a short while. Tried googling it too but no joy. Will try again... :) 

E2A: Okay found it by googling your handle, shed build, uk420. :D

Edited by Crow River
  • Like 1

When looking at a users profile,

you can use the filter section on the left to change activity type,

eg. Topics or photos etc

Atb

:yinyang:

• Like 2

@Shumroom

This is so much more fun than me trying to learn how to use a fecking computer properly...it is Sunday after all...FIGHT!!!  :rofl::rofl:

(Thanks bud :yep: )

• Like 2

Pondering this over the past couple of days, I think I will start off small. Main reason is that, after I buy the garage, I will be pretty skint! The prospect of forking out hundreds of squids for OSB, timber, insulation, etc. is not realistic for a while. :rolleyes::yinyang: Let alone buying new grow gear... Second reason is, I'm not really experienced enough to spec out a custom grow space on a bigger scale yet. Current space is less than 4 sq. ft! :D

I will maybe try to knock up something modest as a first step, using recycled wood, scavenged pallets, loft roll, etc. A "tent cosy" if you like. Get me used to the idea of growing in the garage, figuring out what works and what doesn't. 

Of course I'll still try and keep it stealthy, but I can hide a small setup at the back pretty easily. Then maybe once I have a season or two under my belt in the garage, I can think about scaling things up and making the place more comfy. :) 

I'll still post here as the interim project develops... :hippy:

• Like 4

On 21/05/2022 at 6:28 PM, Crow River said:

Love that space, fantastic! Something like that would probably meet my needs just fine. It's nice to grow in the flat but I'm so restricted for space. Was considering upgrading to a wardrobe but reckon moving the whole shebang to the garage is more realistic.

How are temps in the shed? Do you grow in winter at all?

Thanks mate, sorry for the late reply. I completely forgot tbh. Temperatures are great 11/10 months of the year. No issues. 

I will run autos for the other two months so lights on 24hr for more stable warmer environment. It's suits me just great. It's easily do able and achieve good results. This was from the run I'm finishing just now. 

Currently flushing n chop will be Friday. 

large.628be6b2a4f88_sweetdeepgrapefruit(3)(Large).JPG

P.s my tent is only. 80x80x160cm in insulated separate space in the shed. Si I can still use the shed to be a shed. Which imo is important for others to see me use it as, helps stealth. 

Edited by growinggold
  • Like 2

@growinggold, no worries! :) 

Thanks for the info. Reckon my setup will be closer to what you have, at least initially. Agree that it makes sense to just use the rest of the space for what it's intended. In my case, storing and fixing up bikes, and storing camping/fishing gear. Also just somewhere to escape family life for a few hours... :george:

Good advice on growing autos under 24/0 in the winter. I'm fairly far north (latitude 56º) so it can get cold from November onwards. Having said that, we don't seem to get really cold winters any more (something to do with climate change) - milder, wetter and windier in recent years. But night time temps have to be a concern in late autumn and winter. If it's cold enough for frost, the garage will be like a fridge! :D 

• Like 1