Black Venus's secret garden 2022

Black Venus

A few more piccies and progress reports from around the garden.

I'm still busy with the magnifying glass trying to identify preflowers, but a few more plants have revealed their bits since the last update. I'm getting a high ratio of females again this year, which is always nice of course, but I'm hoping I don't get TOO many as it's going to be a struggle to find places to put them.

Snow Moon has now been planted out in the ground. It's from feminised seed so I don't have to worry about sexing it. Anyone who's got cats will know why I put upright sticks in the ground all around it.

large.DSC_0176.jpg

Thai Chi – a bit bigger than it was last time. This one has now been given a home in the greenhouse border, as it's a slow developer and may need shelter when we get to autumn. Another one from feminised seed.

large.DSC_0154.jpg

No Name x No Name. These are subbie seeds kindly sent in by @highgrower, and I have three plants. They are very vigorous indeed, and one of them produced a female preflower at only four weeks old! The other two are looking like they may possibly be males, but it's too early to tell for sure.

large.DSC_0158.jpglarge.DSC_0115.jpg

Panama. I have three of these. One was from feminised seed to ensure at least one girl, and the other two were regs. The feminised one has been planted in the greenhouse border. They are pretty smelly fuckers even in veg. One of the regs has grown into a large and vigorous girl, and I'm still deciding the safest place to plant her. The other reg is a bit behind the others because I fucked up and forgot to pot it up, and it sulked and stopped growing. It's growing like a rocket now, but has some catching up to do.

large.DSC_0168.jpg

Nepal Jam. Again, got three of these. They are quite small and compact plants with short internodes, considering they're mostly sativa. They have been pretty coy about showing me their genitalia, but finally one of them just flashed a lady part at me.

large.DSC_0114.jpg

Below is one of the Nepal Jams which has been in the wars. When it was still a seedling it got attacked by a snail, and then the following night got attacked again, so the stem was almost severed. Then one of my cats ate half the leaves off it. lol But I thought it had the look of a survivor about it, so I potted it up with lots of twigs to support it, and after a couple of weeks it's as good as new. It's only just behind the others and doesn't seem to have been set back much at all, which is amazing considering how much healing it's had to do. You can still see some leaves which have been cat-chomped. I think after all that it might be a male, but if so I might still make use of its jizz, since Nepal Jam is one of the varieties I'm hoping will do well outdoors in the UK (fingers crossed).

large.DSC_0165.jpg

Purple Satellite. These unusual sativas from Green Mountain Seeds are among the tallest, lankiest and most vigorous plants I've grown – I've had to keep them in tiny pots to restrict their size, otherwise they're going to get massive when I put them in the ground. I'm still waiting for them to show sex, but I think this one here is most likely a girl so she's gone into a spot in the ground in a corner which is hidden from the neighbours, so she will have plenty of headroom without being visible over the fence. I have three Purple Satellites and the colours on the stems are just lovely.

large.DSC_0151.jpg

More updates to follow on the autos, Celias and Smiles.

• Like 8

3 hours ago, Alys said:

What a lovely sight! You certainly have green fingers. 

Thank you Alys! I've had a lifelong passion for gardening, and what better thing to grow in a garden than loads of beautiful weed. :in_love:

• Like 1

Looking very happy & healthy , always a pleasure to peruse your plants  :yep:         The Nep Jams look nice & that Purple Satelitte looks very exotic indeed :george:

• Like 1

The autos are at that stage now where they smell absolutely exquisite, while also giving me a twinge of paranoia about whether the neighbours can smell them. Here's a selection of pics, though there's a few others I didn't take photos of.

The two Dutch Passion autos have turned into gorgeous plants – they are quite different from one another and both smell delicious. I reserve judgement on everything until I've tried the finished product, because the high is the most important thing to me and there isn't always a correlation between the biggest/best/beautiful plants and the best high. But certainly if I was judging them on their looks and aroma and ease of cultivation, they're both winners.

Dutch Passion AutoBlueberry is a big plant, though the bud sites are quite spaced out so it may not necessarily yield more. The buds really do smell of blueberries – that is, blueberry fruits rather than the 'blueberry muffin' terps which I think were a feature of the old school Blueberry. The smell of this one is now the strongest of the bunch, whereas up until recently it was the least smelly of all the autos.

large.DSC_0183.jpglarge.DSC_0130.jpg

Dutch Passion Auto Lemon Kix. A proper lemon-scented variety which is really really lovely, like lemon cheesecake topped with extra lemon. It's really stacking up as well, and the buds are getting bigger by the day. You may remember that this was the plant which got blown down about a month ago and snapped the stem at 90°. Well, as you can see, the plant didn't bat an eyelid. After I staked it back up, it developed a big chunky knuckle at the base where the broken stem healed up, and just carried on growing. I have had to evict a couple of small green caterpillars from its leaves as it seems to be the caterpillars' favourite, but it was literally just a couple, and they didn't really do any damage.

large.DSC_0190.jpglarge.DSC_0136.jpglarge.DSC_0131.jpglarge.DSC_0199.jpg

RGSC's Auto Gelato. This is likely to be the first one to be cooked, I think, though still has a way to go. Smells creamy and sweet and the buds are getting really dense. Lower fan leaves now turning autumnal colours.

large.DSC_0141.jpg

Auto Zamaldelica from ACE. This one is a lot younger than the ones above, but it grows so fast, my photos look out of date before I can post them. It's hugely vigorous for an auto, with a lanky sativa structure. It's begun blooming now, but still doesn't have a very strong smell (yet). I'm pretty impressed with it so far and it's radically different from all the mainstream seedbank strains. The high should be radically different as well, so I'm looking forward to that.

large.DSC_0116.jpg

And here's the Seedstockers Santa Marta Haze auto which is definitely not impressive, though I'll be the first to admit it might be me who fucked it up rather than anything wrong with the variety itself. I always start my autos off in Rootrainers and then pot them up when they're 10-14 days old, but with this one I tried sowing it directly into a 12-litre pot. I know that method works really well for a lot of people, which is why I wanted to try it, but as I'm not used to doing it that way I may have fucked up the moisture content of the compost, and that might be why it stunted, so I'll reserve judgement on the strain itself until I've tried it again, though I could be cynical and say that it doesn't look or smell like Haze as far as I can see. But in the mean time, it's suddenly started developing deep purple black pigment in the buds, so at least it's going to be pretty to look at, even if it only yields enough for two joints.

large.DSC_0112.jpg

• Like 8

@Black Venus

Your autos are looking fab :yep:

The RSGC auto gelato is a very nice influence to be under :george:    Very nice flavours too.  

I highly rate the Sweets Auto Cream Mandarine ,  the flavours & the effect are simply divine ,  hardy plant too ,  so much so i have ran it twice a year for the last 6yrs with zero issues.    

• Like 1

It's a veritable forest of weed you got going on there! So nice to see the plants lapping up sunshine. Some of the autos don't look too far from harvest. Still a way to go with the big trees round at granny's though! All the best with the grow. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...