simple dripper system - 8 plants (max)

badbillybob

evenin, 

right, ive cobbled together a dripper system for my breeding tent, and since this question comes up pretty often, ive decided to share.

you will need the following:

3  metres of 13mm hose

3m of 4mm hose

8 No blue flood drippers

one 13mm tee

one 13mm with double 4mm  x piece

2 No.  4 plant distributers 13-4mm

one maxijet 1000 pump

one res- sized to suit.

1 x seconds timer- digital

its pretty simple, place pump in res and connect 13mm hose.

At the highest point in the feed hose, put in the 13mm fitting with 2 4mm outlets. this is the anti syphon. the 4mm hoses need to go back to the res, but must not be submerged in it, it needs to be able to intake air to work. i duct taped mine to the feed hose, see below.  Also, use filter on the pump

large.1.JPG

next up i added a 13mm tee fitting in the middle of the tent.

large.4.JPG

the hose from this tee forms a loop inside the tent and we will be putting the two 4 port manifolds into it. 

Make sure these manifolds are equally distanced from the tee and then attach 8 No. equal length feed lines in 4mm hose to the manifolds.

large.5.JPG

Make sure these lines will reach the furthest away pots and be sure the lines are all the same length.

Dont use more than 8 lines, unless you upgrade the pump.

So now add the blue drippers to the 4mm lines and sink them into the soil/coco, so they will drip into the medium and keep it moist

large.3.JPG

now timings- well this is all dependant on what stage they are at, what size pots, how many lights, etc etc so your gonna have to figure that one out yourself

Before i go, this is what happens if you try adding more than 8 lines, without upgrading your pump, 

large.2.JPG

its a dribble. 

Anyway, hope this helps

Peace oooooot

• Like 17

im thinking i need something similar. i have alwsy attributed the poor performance to a shit pump.

I will have gravity on my side regards the siphon as will be pumping just one line upwards and it will be about 3mtrs, into 3 meters horizontally and then up 50 or 60cm to pot height. Just need a tap on the top each end to regulate into drippers.  

So when the pump stops, it will drop back into the tank through the pump? 

I hate the things i must admit, dont trust them and being me i usually get ripped out before flower whenever i have used them.   

• Like 1

i think id put a syphon line in the line, just for safety sake. to be honest.

if it can pump the height you need, it can also syphon the same height........ it could empty your res, which wouldnt be good.

• Like 4

no worries, better safe than flooded eh?

ive ordered up the bits to make another one of these today, for my bloom plants.  came to 18 quid, ( ive already got the pump,13mm hose, and timer)

• Like 6

That looks tidy mate , love a DIY irrigation system , my poly's on a gravity fed jobby I cobbled together with karcher bits :yep:

:yinyang:

• Like 1

struggling to find an idiot proof digital timer which can be programmed in seconds thats under 20 notes.......what? 20 quid.....dont they know im Scottish?

Anyone got a heads up on one, must be seconds programmable, most of them arent....and idiot  proof.......

cheers

• Like 4

might be a bit of a hunt there @badbillybob 

I got one of the masterplug TES7 timers from screwfix, lowest is 1 min increments but it's not hard to set up and under a tenner.

• Like 1

ive found one for 18 quid, its for lizard tanks and it goes to seconds, but, you know......18 feckin quid.......for a timer........      :(

• Like 3

this is off t'river

there's a 2-timer pack that do seconds timing, its what ive got

dint know if links are allowed. but cheap enough - under 20 bar for 2

im removing the link, here is what its called 'oridget 24 hour digital electric timer 2 pack'

2 for ~£17

there digital programmable - so they do about 4 different timing modes; countdowns etc

mystic

Edited by mysticriver
  • Like 4