Dutch Pro Nutrients Feeding Chart Question

Darkcrow343

Hey all,

I got a Dutch Pro nutrient starter kit with came with a feeding chart, although my question is regarding the time scales. I'm not sure if im allowed to upload the actual chart here but it says: Vegetative growth seedlings and cuttings week 1 and week 2, then goes straight to Bloom period and has weeks 1-9.

I am or at least was in the thinking of for the first 1 to 2 weeks after germination was just plain water then the nutrients after that.

So if I am right in saying that (which I am very aware I may not be) then does that mean that their "veg week 1 and 2" would be closer to week 3 and 4 counting from day of germination, and then flip in week 5 totalling 13 weeks-ish from germination to harvest?

large.dutchprofeedchart-soil-768x542.png

Edited by Darkcrow343
Added picture of feeding chart
  • Like 2

@monkeypig Oh shit yea sorry its soil, I have a bag of canna terra and Biobiz light mix due to a postage error so not sure which im stating with as yet

Edited by Darkcrow343
My terrible grammar

I'm sure the dirt boys will let you no, I'm not sure which I'd choose so I'll say nothing. 

• Like 1

@monkeypiglol Thank you for replying anyway, there seems to be soooo much information out there but so hard to word it when looking for specifics lol 

Take the feeding charts with a pinch of salt anyways mate. They want you to use as much of the product as possible so you buy more. Start low and you can always feed stronger later if the plants look hungry. 

• Like 2

It's fine I think if you upload the feed chart to your gallery,

then insert it into a post. 

But it sounds like you might just repeat week 2 until you flip to 12/12 ;)

Be wary of blindly following a feed guide, 

It is only a guide :)

Atb 

:yinyang:

• Like 2

Thank you both so much, yea I have heard about starting at half the recommended dose and gradually up it. Think since been waiting to order and actually start the grow I have been researching like a mofo to try to give them the best start and start off properly but I have now kinda gotten to an information overload point (and a bottle of cal mag that I may or may not need) lol 

Just now, Shumroom said:

But it sounds like you might just repeat week 2 until you flip to 12/12 ;)

That would actually make a lot of sense, its a pity they couldn't write that on it lol

And also just so I'm clear when do yous say veg starts?

2 hours ago, Darkcrow343 said:

just so I'm clear when do yous say veg starts?

What do you mean? 

To get to the(probably rather high) feed levels on the guide :D

Best advice I can give:

Start up a grow diary :yep:

Begin with your equipment list and what intend to do, 

and people will help out from there :)

Or you could just read every question posed by @Gaijin our most experienced non grower :D

We're a really friendly bunch of people, 

well most of us lol

If you tag me in using the @  I'll follow along. 

Atb 

:yinyang:

• Like 3

You shouldn't need any veg nutrients really until the first couple of weeks of flower if you've been potting up. Each time you pot up the plant gets new nutrients from the compost which means you don't need any liquid feeds. My plants don't get any anyway, then the first 10-14 days of flower they get veg nutrients and once flowers start to show they get their flowering formula.

If you're growing autos that won't apply as people say not to pot up with autos, just start in the final pot....I don't do autos though so i'll leave it there.