Need some reassurance with growing in a loft

Tsoi

If your doing lofts worth going all out imho just finished a mates new room stud work frame using 4 by 2 put 50mm celotex well cheaper brand but same stuff and 100mm in the roof leaving a air gap upto the tiles. Then covered in ply all joints done with industrial mastic and on the outside of those joints all taped . His outtake goes out his chimney and intake is from within the house next to a window thru a duct vent fitted underfloor heating the things mustard. Wish I could have the same 

• Like 1

On 10/07/2022 at 0:07 AM, blerie420 said:

My uncle tapped his way way back in the day, always said it's worth the 4 weeks in jail if he ever got caught and hed do it again, cos what they gonna do? Move the lamppost

Back in the 1980s I lived in a cheap rented flat. The tenants before me had devised an ingenious way of fiddling the leccy. A tiny, near invisible hole was drilled in the top of the Bakelite meter case (maybe with a Dremel or similar) and some fuse wire fed in, shaped like a hook at the end. You hooked that under the spinning disc in the meter, then gently pulled it up and secured the wire at the other end. This slowed the wheel down to a crawl, meaning you could use lots of leccy (think electric bar fires, electric cooker) and still have a low bill. You had to be quick off the mark removing the wire when the meter reader came round! Naturally as a poor youngster I took advantage of this at the time, but never tried it since.

Only works with old style meters, not smart meters.

Edited by Crow River
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone got any thoughts on thermawrap? A mate has recommended that over celotex and hes had really good results at maintaining temps (runs flower in the dead of summer with no issue)

• 4 weeks later...
On 18/05/2022 at 9:30 PM, Tsoi said:

i was thinking growing in fabric pots, im thinking getting a resevoir and a timed water pump, or even just a couple liters worth of water bottles in the pot for a drip feeder. Should just about work out for 2 weeks right?

No way will you be able to get away with leaving them 2 weeks sorry 3 days maximum and the ele will be expensive if hps lights and no way they live for 2 weeks.without water 

16 hours ago, Grow lady said:

No way will you be able to get away with leaving them 2 weeks sorry 3 days maximum and the ele will be expensive if hps lights and no way they live for 2 weeks.without water 

yeah dont worry it all got sorted, got a 100 liter resevoir with a full blumat setup :))

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Tsoi said:

yeah dont worry it all got sorted, got a 100 liter resevoir with a full blumat setup :))

@Tsoigood luck with your growing but you will have to get all the right stuff in loft and the 100litre resevoir into loft and filling up I have to get heating in winter and summer ots hot even though I have smscom and all equipment its also costs in winter around £8 a day in electric and I'm using about £4 a day summer this is 3 areas and 5 lights but all leds and all them together watts around same has 1 600hps and temperature will be uncontrollable in summer with hps and electric will be loads 

If you have the correct equipment and resevoir ect all good but it's going to be expensive if not to get set up before electric cost are added decent led lights are £300 plus each then fans filters smscom tent heating co2 humidity insulation and then resevoir with pots I would like to see how you get along with your product happy growing 

On 19/08/2022 at 10:03 PM, Grow lady said:

@Tsoigood luck with your growing but you will have to get all the right stuff in loft and the 100litre resevoir into loft and filling up I have to get heating in winter and summer ots hot even though I have smscom and all equipment its also costs in winter around £8 a day in electric and I'm using about £4 a day summer this is 3 areas and 5 lights but all leds and all them together watts around same has 1 600hps and temperature will be uncontrollable in summer with hps and electric will be loads 

If you have the correct equipment and resevoir ect all good but it's going to be expensive if not to get set up before electric cost are added decent led lights are £300 plus each then fans filters smscom tent heating co2 humidity insulation and then resevoir with pots I would like to see how you get along with your product happy growing 

yeah i respect the advice, wont go into detail but ive found a regular room so thats more than enough for me. Gonna leave the loft where it is.

Edited by Tsoi

On 18/05/2022 at 8:10 PM, badbillybob said:

heres the thing. the pigs hire those FLIR helicopters,  the ones with heat seeking ability, and theycost thousands per hour. 

they wont be looking for some bloke in his shed growing a few plants, they are looking for warehouses full. 

crack on, youll be fine

They've started to use drones now, costs a little over a grand and a rechargable battery. It takes a big grow to set them off though. They can't actually see through walls like people think they only detect surface temps which insulation can fix

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HazyHashMan said:

They've started to use drones now, costs a little over a grand and a rechargable battery. It takes a big grow to set them off though. They can't actually see through walls like people think they only detect surface temps which insulation can fix

you need one of those net guns - £1000 drone is a good catch - that will piss em right off, even better use the cop drone to deliver to the masses like mana from heaven 

https://www.instructables.com/Homemade-Drone-Catcher/ apologies if not allowed

@RUFUS HOUND Think they do laser guns that do a better job, like a mini emp or something that shuts em down striaght out the air. I was joking with my mate the other day about the future being all drone warfare and people with laser guns trying to shut them down